1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have been looking at this header thinking the same thing, here are a couple of my thoughts:

*The 1 1/2 inch primaries might be just a bit small, 1 3/4 would be a bit better.
*You would have to find out how long it is and see if it would fit inbetween the cat and the motor.
*The current flange on the exhaust would have to be cut off and the new one welded on just infront of the cat (again if it would fit)
*I was worried about the thickness of the steel becuase the supercharged engine produces more heat the life of the header may be reduced, even though it is ceramic coated.
*You would have to see as well if it would line up with the current exhaust location.

On one hand it should be better than the stocker but on the other I would save up for somone like Psi-Fi or other manufacturers to come out with a header built specificly for our cars.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i've read they would work, but aren't ideal for our engines since they're F/I opposed to N/A. i'd wait for some designed for our cars before wasting the $ on a product designed for a completely different engine, regardless of how it fits. though i'm sure you'll see some gains, when a REAL set comes out, you'll know the difference

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I emailed the company that makes that header and they said they are working on one that is Red Line/SS specific. But they weren't sure when they were going to start testing it. If they do make on hopefully it will be inline with the price of the 2.2 header.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts