Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I spent about 2 days trying to get this thing done. I took the pulley to my dealership on Friday and sat there for 5 hours. About an hour after I was there, my lead tech came out to me and said they couldn't get it off so I told him they need to remove the SC. He looked at me real quick and then walked to the mechanics bay again. He came to me a few hours later and said that someone will finally take on the task of removing the SC. I was like..."ok" An hour after that I saw my car come around and he told me they couldn't remove it and I should bring it to wherever Alpha had his removed. :mad:

To make a long story short, we spent about 5 hours yesterday putting it on and it looks damn nice. :bananahum











 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
Why didn't you just rent a puller/installer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sp00ner said:
Why didn't you just rent a puller/installer?
lol, we tried but were unsuccessful at that. The best tool we could get was the 3 prong pulley remover, but that did not work. Evidently my dealership tried that too judging from the very minor damage on the pulley. Hopefully I will never need a puller/pusher again.
 

·
Moderator Kitteh!
Joined
·
11,564 Posts
Dude, We tried EVERYWHERE!!! No place around here had one to buy or rent.
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
Looks good though, it was done with a press, so who cares.

I had to rent it mail order. ZZ Performance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
766 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Looks good though, it was done with a press, so who cares.

I had to rent it mail order. ZZ Performance.
That's where I got my puller. Took about 30 minutes taking my time, to remove the pulley, put the new one in and change the belt. That's on my 3800 s/c.
 

·
Moderator Kitteh!
Joined
·
11,564 Posts
Yeah we dont plan stuff out like that. We just assume whatever we have will work.lol. but it was fun even though I wasted my ENTIRE gas tank on that retard and all he bought me was my chicken caesar salad at dinner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AlphaJaguar5 said:
Yeah we dont plan stuff out like that. We just assume whatever we have will work.lol. but it was fun even though I wasted my ENTIRE gas tank on that retard and all he bought me was my chicken caesar salad at dinner.
lol. He's gotta point. I had a blast watchin my buddy work on it. I did do one thing though. I was able to change the spark plugs myself with a little help from Alpha. We seriously drove about 150 miles yesterday. Maybe more.
 

·
Moderator Kitteh!
Joined
·
11,564 Posts
LSJ PUP said:
We seriously drove about 70 miles yesterday. Maybe more.
70!?!?!?!?! Are you F*$king kidding? I drove almost 200!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a question for anybody that knows their stuff. When we installed the 76mm idler pulley, the 2.9 and the idler were not in sync. The idler was off to the right instead of being dead center with the SC pulley. We decided to use the stock idler for now. Can I just use a washer or two to line them up or is there a more proper way to do this?
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
LSJ PUP said:
I have a question for anybody that knows their stuff. When we installed the 76mm idler pulley, the 2.9 and the idler were not in sync. The idler was off to the right instead of being dead center with the SC pulley. We decided to use the stock idler for now. Can I just use a washer or two to line them up or is there a more proper way to do this?
Did you have the idler backwards?
 

·
Moderator Kitteh!
Joined
·
11,564 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Did you have the idler backwards?
Come on... lol. Do I look that retarded?

Nevermind. Dont answer that, lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AlphaJaguar5 said:
Come on... lol. Do I look that retarded?

Nevermind. Dont answer that, lol
In other words No. We tried it the other way and it won't go on because of the lip of the pulley. We know it is on right, but it just doesn't line up. I don't get it.
 

·
THE LEGEND
Joined
·
2,603 Posts
AlphaJaguar5 said:
Come on... lol. Do I look that retarded?

Nevermind. Dont answer that, lol
Alpha, you gotta quit setting yourself up for these guys.:twak:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,476 Posts
its just the way it is, mine sits off just to the side too. where the supercharger sits in the ss im suprised you can even get a puller in there. looks good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Doc_ss said:
IIRC the lip goes on the inside, towards the motor.
Ummm...I don't think so. I've been told by everyone that the lip is on the outside. We couldn't even get it on with the lip on the inside.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Track Slut said:
its just the way it is, mine sits off just to the side too. where the supercharger sits in the ss im suprised you can even get a puller in there. looks good!
How far is your offset? Do you have any pics of the pulley from above?
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top