Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
judging by the styling thats the years the car would have had to be. I'm not sure if it was stock or modified, but it had a big "ford racing division" sticker on the side of it, stock exhaust though (from what i could see)
I was out driving last night at 3 AM (insomniac) anyway saw this guy in a 'stang rippin pretty good so i decide to follow him for a bit and see how quick he likes to go ... wound up getting beside him (we slowed down) and he and his passenger kinda have a chuckle, and I hear him downshift, so i do the same (rolling from 25 mph approx so the gearing HURTS) he starts pulling a little bit on me till my rpm's get up a bit, then i put about a car length on him, and i start to shut it down, i hear him shift again and KEEP GOING .... so i obliged him and kept about half a car through third gear then shut it down. It was a very close race, the road was a bit wet, so with traction he would definitley have had me at least off the start, but car VS car it was pretty even.

On a sidebar : I used to be part of the "mustang" culture, which i love, most of the ones i talk to , and raced wiht, were awesome, but since buying a "sport compact" 95% of these guys are assholes who wont take ya seriously. I've been wanting to race a 'stang for weeks. None would heh.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Very believable. Stock for stock, their trap is quicker, but their speed is barely faster (all in part because of their launch advantage (RWD v.s. FWD)). Good race.

·
Registered
289 Posts
TransAm52804 said:
Very believable. Stock for stock, their trap is quicker, but their speed is barely faster (all in part because of their launch advantage (RWD v.s. FWD)). Good race.
Agreed. I do thing the redline has the advantage in the middle gears, but after that, I totally agree it's up to the driver and the machine.

·
Registered
182 Posts
TransAm52804 said:
I think you mean their ET is quicker and their speed is faster. Technically better traction will net you a lower mph trap speed. It's just the way it works.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I am part of the mustang culture but if u pulled up next to me id def talk with u. I lvoe the redlines and i hope to get one if i can pull it off, with this baby mama drama may not happen. Anyways, your a 4 banger yes but still american and so is the srt-4 but i just dont like it. Hell id love to race one around here, altho id prolly lose but i got a few mods since my last et. Also have a PI intake sitting and after i get that on and tuned..should pull a good low 14 i hope.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
getting the PI eh? whats that running you? I'm more of a 5.0 guy (got one layin around i'm trying to sell to fund redline stuff heh) ... how much are the PI heads running you? why not go to something better from the aftermarket for a few bucks more? ... but ya the PI will help alot, the late 90's mustangs were hurting for more airflow. (of course they all were/are lol)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Thats whats good about the PI stuff. U can get it used with low miles for cheap. I got my cams off on 02 on ebay for 60 bucks shipped and a PI intake off an 01 for 70 shipped. Its sitting here just gotta get it put on. After that and a tune with the intake, plenum and jmod and should be i hope a 14.4 car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.