Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a 2003 Saturn ION with the 2.2 ecotec engine. For the most par tthe car runs well. However I can get this to run crappy and sometimes throw a P0304 code. Seems like when I start the car, it runs well no miss. When I take off and with stress on the engine (manual trans) the car might seem to be missing but clears when I get the rpm's up.The car flies on the highway but say I exit and take a side road and want to turn left off of a main street from a stop and gas it, the car is likely to be hesitant and get me killed pulling in front of oncoming traffic. No code.

This is a neusance to me. I've changed the plugs and the ignition control module in an attempt to remedate. Since the miss can happen each day I drive the car but goes away after I clear by introducing high RPM's, and one every coulple of months the P0304 might appear, it doen't seeem like replacing the top engine coil assembly is the issue. I'm thinking fuel injector on #4 or the map sensor or EGR.
Anyone see this before?

Thanks
jeff

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
My experience with the misfire code its usually a loose plug, bad plug, or clogged injector.
Try moving the injector over to see if it follows

1 - 2 of 2 Posts