Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2004 Black Redline 7,500 miles very clean & still smells new...
Car was bought Aug. of 04 and has had oil changed every 3,000 miles.

Full Exhaust - Header Back/Stainless Mandral Bent 2.5" Piping/HKS Carbon-Ti Muffler

Toyomoto 02 Simulator

HKS Filter

HKS RS-DB Boost Gauge/HKS Interface Meter Unit

Sprint Springs 2" Drop

Car being sold because have an 05 Blue GTO on the way within 3 weeks, and my insurance also drops by having the GTO (I couldn't believe it myself). If interested please PM me.

$19,000

·
Registered
681 Posts
That's all cool, but RETAIL (high) book on the car is only $16,800. $19k? You'll be keeping that one a while unless you check your ego at the curb - no offense, but I own a Redline, and I'm in the automotive appraisal business. Retail, it's a $16,500 car, even with your mods, which add ZERO to the value to a real dealer or appraiser.

I suggest ebay, and find a young person with parents with a thick checkbook, because you'll never finance $19k on that car, even with bulletproof credit.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jim Lewis said:
That's all cool, but RETAIL (high) book on the car is only $16,800. $19k? You'll be keeping that one a while unless you check your ego at the curb - no offense, but I own a Redline, and I'm in the automotive appraisal business. Retail, it's a $16,500 car, even with your mods, which add ZERO to the value to a real dealer or appraiser.

I suggest ebay, and find a young person with parents with a thick checkbook, because you'll never finance $19k on that car, even with bulletproof credit.

Better tell someone else the same they are asking more then me...I have worked at a dealer before and know how appraisals work. Most people do not finance the whole amount anyways... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
681 Posts
I don't need to tell anyone anything - they, and you, will find out that what you ASK or WANT for a vehicle, and it's true value in the market and what you'll get in return are two different numbers. I paid $16,800 for mine BRAND NEW and it's depreciated, of course, so there's no way anyone that isn't blind and ignorant would pay $3,000 more for a USED one than they could buy a new one for right now. The dealer I bought from still has three 2004 RLs that they're offering at $15k.

I wish you luck, I'm just not politically correct and I call 'em like I see 'em.

You may have worked in a dealership and know how appraisals work, but I've bought, sold, and otherwise evaluated over 28,000 vehicles in the car business. Not pulling rank, just letting you know I understand the concept a little better than most amateurs.

·
Registered
197 Posts
you guys don't have to shoot him down just because he is trying to make what he probably still owes on it and you guys aren't nessasarally right about the appraising because I was going to trade mine in for a lexus IS 300 and they offered me $18000 for mine. our cars aren't even in kelly blue book so they came out apraised it and offered me that. they called the dealership and ask how much a new one was and the told them msrp was 21,000. I think he can sell it if other people that aren't even interested in the car keep their mouth shut and let him do his thing. Would you like it if somebody called you out on something you were trying to sell and said it wasnt worth that.

·
Registered
681 Posts
"Would you like it if somebody called you out on something you were trying to sell and said it wasnt worth that."

Well, yes, because if a dealership did it, they could be sued for fraud - consumers would have every newspaper and TV station in the county called in to air the story... I'm just trying to keep someone I don't know from getting their heart broken because they don't understand the market.

Being offered $18k against a retail price means nothing, considering we have no idea what their price was on the Lexus. Our cars are now in NADA, and it's not pretty. That's the facts, take it or leave it - just like with ricer bench racing, you can talk all the trash you want until someone calls your bluff, then all you have are the facts...whichever side of those facts you're on...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also there are more then a few people asking around $19,000 or more for there cars...

I owe way less then half of the car, I have more then half of my car paid for. I could trade the car in but don't want too.

Redline driver is right about getting about $18,000 for trade.

·
Registered
681 Posts
OK, whatever....I'll fire up the dealership guy's crack pipe so he can put $18k into a car that sells at auction for $13.5-14k.....

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
for comparison, i was offered 16,500 for mine, and that was a high ball. these cars simply aren't moving enough to get what you want for them, plain and simple

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Wow. I love that exhaust. Just went on HKS's website, $375? FOR A MUFFLER? Jesus! What is THAT?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've seen them on ebay for like 250 which is still alot for a muffler

·
Registered
289 Posts
NADA Lookup

$15,375 Trade-in with Power Sun Roof, Leather Seats and such. $18,000 Retail. Those are the numbers. Jim, what really helped me was getting off the caffeine and finding some counseling. Calm down dude, it's just someone selling a car. :)

From NADA directly: Note: Vehicles with low mileage that are in exceptionally good condition and/or include a manufacturer certification can be worth a significantly higher value than the Average Retail price shown.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I like the spot that you (and others) have mounted that boost gague. I was seriously considering it, but the Florida summer started to hit, and when it's 97 degrees with 80% humidity, I remembered why I need all the A/C I can get.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Not to mention that, at least where I sit in my car, cuz I'm a shorty, that's the only vent that hits me! However, I like the locale of it, just don't know much of a bitch it'd be to get it in there; I'm NOT a mechanic or anything close.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Maybe you guys who have mounted it there could cut some vents to let the air out? Not sure how well it would work or how good it would look, but it's just a thought.

·
Registered
681 Posts
SpikemanII said:
$15,375 Trade-in with Power Sun Roof, Leather Seats and such. $18,000 Retail. Those are the numbers. Jim, what really helped me was getting off the caffeine and finding some counseling. Calm down dude, it's just someone selling a car. :)

From NADA directly: Note: Vehicles with low mileage that are in exceptionally good condition and/or include a manufacturer certification can be worth a significantly higher value than the Average Retail price shown.
Ok, you can read books - that's great, but books don't buy and sell cars, people do. I'm a Manheim auction member, and have been for 15 years, going at least once a week. 2004 Redlines under 10,000 miles are going for $12,500-12,800 (wholesale) at the auctions.

Again, and repeat after me, books don't buy cars, people buy cars. Books have TWO purposes - to provide banks with numbers for lending purposes, and to piss off consumers who mistakenly take their entries as the Gospel. No disrespect to the Gospel, of course.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts