Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there I am new to this forum and was hoping for some help figuring out if a Vibrant 1627 cat back exhaust will fit my 2004 redline? I can't seem to get a straight answer otherwise. I have a loose heat shield sound coming from my mid-pipe and need to replace it so I was going to grab a cat back used just wanted to see if it was compatible.....thought u guys would be the ones to ask thank you for any help you can give.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I am assuming it is this one.

It says it fits 2005-2007 Ions, but I don't see why it wouldn't fit the 04's. As far as I know, there is nothing different on the exhaust system between 04's and 05+.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I thought but It is tough to find a straight answer. Thank you very much for your time sir.....If anybody else has anything to add please don't hesitate. The seller sounds pretty cool says he will buy it back if it don't fit, he's local to me. It came off an 06 Redline, thanks again.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
The only thing I will add is that that system is quite loud, just making sure you ate prepared for coming out of stealth mode

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I don't mind loud as long as its legal....are there any videos out there that show what the system sounds like? I found one on you tube but it was just the vibrant muffler with a cts cat back I think.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't mean to be a pain in the ass but you seem to know, is it loud all the way through or just at high rpms?

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Lol, damn pains in the ass!

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
This one is really loud, keep in mind this is with their header as well.
If you go with a aftermarket dp this with be similar in sound

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah ha, I should have been looking for the ss instead of the redline for videos. And as I thought if I baby it it's not that loud but if I want be a Dick I can light it up. Thank you sir this forum has been very helpful thanks for being there.......I was reading up on the forum on going from stock header to a 3" exhaust and unless I want to change the header too it might not be worth it, I don't want to half ass it and I at the moment am still just trying to get my baby back to sweet original running order.....seeing that vibrant catback for 250.00 or so got me juiced...........

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Personally, I would use that money on a aftermarket header. The stock catback is fine and will allow more rumble out with a header/dp combo, plus you are getting a great performance gain over stock. You are quite welcome for the vids

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How do I start a new thread? I did it once can't seem to figure it out again. It's probably right in my face

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
How do I start a new thread? I did it once can't seem to figure it out again. It's probably right in my face
Lol. Go to the forums page, go to the category you want to put it in, and then click on the "New Thread" button at the top.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts