Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Super Moderator
1,874 Posts
Is that post on the fuse block tight? Battery cable goes to fuse block. Then fuse block to starter. Wires overlap. Weird that it's 12 at the battery and starter but not the block

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Is that post on the fuse block tight? Battery cable goes to fuse block. Then fuse block to starter. Wires overlap. Weird that it's 12 at the battery and starter but not the block
I tested the starter as my wife turned key.
Tested post without key being turned.
Maybe makes a difference? Idk.
I'm sure not a mechanic.
Just out of necessity.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So. I retested. Got 12.5 or so at fuse block from battery. And at fuse block to starter.

Jump starter starter directly from battery and it started.
Let it idle for quite awhile.
Battery, both terminals at fuse block and positive post on starter all read 14.5 when running.

It did start 3 different times this week.
The 4th it didn't start.

Didn't drive it.
Just started it.
Don't want to need a tow if I shut it off anywhere.

As it idled I checked it with my INNOVA 3100RS.
I don't know a bunch about it.
Check engine light doesn't come on.
I did some kind of checking while idling.

Under Saturn OEM Enhanced
P1626-00 came up. The only code showing.

"Engine Control Module Immobilizer Fuel Enable Signal Lost". Is what it showed with the code.

· Super Moderator
1,874 Posts
Literally only thing on ProDemand is from a tech who had a customer with this code. They stated the check engine light was on, and found the pass lock sensor to be faulty after confirming no electrical issues. Its integrated into the ignition switch and is replaced as a unit.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Literally only thing on ProDemand is from a tech who had a customer with this code. They stated the check engine light was on, and found the pass lock sensor to be faulty after confirming no electrical issues. Its integrated into the ignition switch and is replaced as a unit.
Is it in an ignition switch if I replace the ignition switch?

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I thought the ignition switch replace would work.
I finally got to reset the AntiTheft codes for the AntiTheft dash icon (looks like a padlock) finally blinked.
Didn't move the car apart from one short ride after it started. Started it 4/5 days without moving it. And it's been sitting there ever since I the driveway.
There's a 50/50 chance it will start right up if I go down there right now.

The trunk button next to steering wheel is loose and not secure. The plastic is broken that holds it in place. It sits in the hole ok but must reach under to hold it to pop trunk. It also doesn't work. I'm wondering if this could trigger antitheft starting problem.

Could be a wiring issue in plastic tube which holds wires running from starter around the engine. Idk.
Maybe it's some kind of sensors from antitheft.
The car must be unlocked from passenger door. The key doesn't open the driverside door.
Brand new inspection stickers on it. Would be good to sell right now but I don't want to sell it with this very annoying sporadic starting problem. The buyer won't know when it's gonna happen. Could happen today. Maybe in a week. Maybe in a month. Same baffling problem.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Do you have a key fob? Or manual locks?
Wondering if maybe the driver door not actuating is triggering the antintheft
Manual key. No fob. We bought it used and don't have the fob.
Passenger side turns and opens. Driverside does not.
We turn passenger side and open door. And then push unlock button on passenger side door and it opens all locked doors.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts