Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just recently purchased a 2004 redline with 5000 miles on it. I got it at a dealership (not a saturn dealership). They told me the previous owner didn't like the car. So far there has been no problems with it at all. I've heard you guys mention a recall. What was the recall for and how can i tell if my car has been recalled? Also, are there any major differences between the 04 and the 05 models? Thanks

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
nothing big between the 04 and 05

05 rear bumper has 4 slots and not 3
05 has a fuel rail cover

i really cant think of much else that is noticable

john should be able to help you out with the recall thing just wait for his post it will come........

·
Registered
808 Posts
what year is it and give me last 6 numbers of
vin please.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
if you arent having any problems now, u probly wont for a little while......most ppl that have had problems have occurred before 5000 miles.

ur probly good to go, good luck!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
louballs said:
Hey guys, i just recently purchased a 2004 redline with 5000 miles on it. I got it at a dealership (not a saturn dealership). They told me the previous owner didn't like the car. So far there has been no problems with it at all. I've heard you guys mention a recall. What was the recall for and how can i tell if my car has been recalled? Also, are there any major differences between the 04 and the 05 models? Thanks
Tell them the previous owner was an idiot! :D

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its an 04 and the last 6 numbers are 415540
thanks for all your help guys, and yes, the last owner sure was an idiot

·
Registered
808 Posts
louballs said:
its an 04 and the last 6 numbers are 415540
thanks for all your help guys, and yes, the last owner sure was an idiot
satellite down right now will let you know as soon as its up.

·
Registered
808 Posts
hey lou doublecheck the last 6 of vin, those arent showing as good numbers

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whoops sorry man, i was looking at the wrong number, its
212474, thanks again

·
Registered
808 Posts
The recall has been done already, but it looks like it was wrecked in the front. It was repaired at saturn though so should be ok.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wrecked??? do you have any info on that? I did a carfax report and nothing came up.......i couldve gotten a better deal if i knew it was wrecked.....

·
Registered
808 Posts
louballs said:
wrecked??? do you have any info on that? I did a carfax report and nothing came up.......i couldve gotten a better deal if i knew it was wrecked.....
Dont have exacts the radiator, intercooler, oil pan, exhaust, etc were replaced. This indicates a low frontal collision like a curb or such. Has no body parts shown.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmmm... i wonder why this didn't come up on the carfax report, the car runs just fine, doesn't seem to have any problems at all....but i couldve talked the dealer down more im sure, is there anyway i can get a report of this? I still owe the dealer some down payment money...maybe i can get him to knock it off if i call up saying im pissed at him

·
Registered
808 Posts
louballs said:
hmmm... i wonder why this didn't come up on the carfax report, the car runs just fine, doesn't seem to have any problems at all....but i couldve talked the dealer down more im sure, is there anyway i can get a report of this? I still owe the dealer some down payment money...maybe i can get him to knock it off if i call up saying im pissed at him
Like i said repairs were done by saturn, car should be fine and still is under warranty.Also carfax wont show anything unless the insurance company paid for it, and was repaired last month so probably hasnt had time to pop up if the ins. did pay.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the info. maybe ill try to squeeze a few bucks out of him

·
Registered
808 Posts
anytime my friend anytime.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Hey John, can you tell me why they have to do my Cam Sensor recall again, even though they did it before the recall was issued, when it was a TSB? Is there a reason that they would need to do it again, or are they going to check the VIN and not re-do it? I'd prefer that they didn't touch it again, if they did need to... I've been putting off the reflash and the recall work because of it.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Hey John, can you tell me why they have to do my Cam Sensor recall again, even though they did it before the recall was issued, when it was a TSB? Is there a reason that they would need to do it again, or are they going to check the VIN and not re-do it? I'd prefer that they didn't touch it again, if they did need to... I've been putting off the reflash and the recall work because of it.
just a formality spooner, the recall labor op has to be show in the vehicle history to prove the actual right recall part was installed. the part they used before may be the same as the one being recalled.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts