Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*** MESSAGE FOR ALL MODERATORS***

If you could kindly leave this thread in this forum as I am trying to speak to the canadian market, it would be much appriciated. Thank you very much.

Hello fellow comrades,

Yes, you read correct.... I'm forced to part with my baby. I have recently purchased a BMW and can't afford both cars.

Here are the details:

2004 Black Ion REDLINE purchased new from Hyatt Saturn Saab on November 27th, 2004. (not even a year old yet)

* 17,600 kms

* Fully loaded less the side curtain airbags

- moonroof
- 6 speaker Premium Sound w/ In das 6 cd/mp3 player
- Combat Spoiler

* Professionally installed Motorla Bluetooth Car Kit (very cool)
* Code Alarm Security System
* Fully tinted incl. moonroof
* Sylvania Silver Star head lamp bulbs installed (have originals to)
* EXTREAMLY CLEAN CAR
* Pre-wired for amp/subwoofer
* Vehicle is completly in its stock form and has never been tampered with.
* Obviously has a factory warranty
* All service records available upon request (I jsut have to look for them)

ASKING PRICE = $20,000 OBO (you never know unless you ask) ***NO GST***

I am also willing to deliver personally as far north as Edmonton and as far south as Medicine Hat.

Look for my Auto Trader lisiting next Thursday.

For a private viewing in Calgary, you can reach me personally on my cell and I am located in Somerset (SW).

Thanks, Shaun 403.680.0766

·
Registered
367 Posts
no offence dude, but your price is way too high. an 04 (mine... ) went for 23 grand in the spring... minus moon roof and premium audio... i'm sure your willing to budge on price, just seems high. good luck though i wish you the best in selling it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure you may have a gotten a good deal on your Redline however I dont know the logistics surrounding it. I paid $30,000 + gst so considering the fact it is fully loaded & is well under the anticpaited annual expected mileage... I feel my price is perfectly reasonable. None the less your point is well taken & prespective buyers are welcome to suggest otherwise. The Canadian Black Book does not even see are vehicles with any value so when and if it comes time for you to change vehicles, you will understand the situation at hand.

Cheers,

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Ya, I wish my RL had AWD...damn prairie..(damnit, why can I never spell that..bah oh well)...winters, oh well, I'll get through it.

·
Registered
937 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You to Ed? What do you want to buy now?

I actually had no idea about the price drop... Fucken GM!

I wonder if they realize how many people the screwed when they did this?

So lets here it folks.... Someone suggest a price that makes sense? This should be rather interesting.

Just did the "build your vehicle" on GM Canada and it came to a total price of $25,815 + GST as equipped, so kindly base your suggestions on this.

Based on the amount of money Im going to lose, I should almost just keep it but I will not have much of a life anymore being that all my money is going to car payments.

This is very depressing guys....

And for what its worth, I honestly did not know how much they cost new now so take everything with a grain of salt. I had originally based my asking price on a '04 Redline that was in the AutoTrader in Edmonton and had something like 69,000 km with no options and the dealer was asking $17,999 + gst and I called to inquire about it and it had just sold.

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
don't take that a car was sold by any means... the dealership local to here has a BRAND new 05 listed on the lot for 23k, so if you came in the next day and it was sold, that doesn't necessary mean the car went for REMOTELY that price... after talking with the dealership I could probably get them down to 16k-17k, which to anyone walking around and having not talked to the dealership before would think I had paid the full 23k. Chances are that RL at that dealership had been sitting there for a little while and they wanted to push it out.

Ooooor it was bought by a dumbass (there's a thread running around here somewhere with someone buying a used 04 for like 19k or something if I remember). Don't get me wrong though, pricing might be completely different in the area you're living in :D

Oh and in terms of GM screwing with the pricing, have you read any of the articles ripping into the domestic companies for the employee pricing stuff? That thing effectively killed resale values of their cars across the board sadly enough.... thta combined with the like 2k USD drop for the 06 sorta kills the used Saturn sales market.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Freakazoid said:
Oh and in terms of GM screwing with the pricing, have you read any of the articles ripping into the domestic companies for the employee pricing stuff? That thing effectively killed resale values of their cars across the board sadly enough.... thta combined with the like 2k USD drop for the 06 sorta kills the used Saturn sales market.
I don't want to jack the thread much farther, but if you ask someone that's about to buy a new one, I don't think they're gonna feel screwed by the $5k drop in price. There's more potential customers than existing customers...

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
Sp00ner said:
I don't want to jack the thread much farther, but if you ask someone that's about to buy a new one, I don't think they're gonna feel screwed by the $5k drop in price. There's more potential customers than existing customers...
Good point, good point, however I think that is one of GM's biggest mistakes. They only care about the potential customer, the first person to buy the car. After that car leaves the lot, they don't care at all about what happens with it. However that's also what's killing them and their reputation (which in turn kills them even moreso). Sure that 5k price drop is fine and dandy for the person lookin for the new car. But the preson who bought the older one now had been screwed, and what will be going through his mindset when he's looking for another car? Hmmm... GM/domestics really killed me with the resale of this car, I lost 5-10k for no reason whatsoever, I think I'm going to go with a japanese car now because they don't do that crap and I won't lose as much when I try to sell this.
I'm willing to bet that most if not all used car buyers eventually become new car buyers. I'm not sure GM has fully comprehended this yet. When those used car buyers have problems with your cars, e.g. a chevy, or a ford, they're going to stay very far away from it come new car purchase time (which is why I will probably not if ever buy a Ford).

</hijack>

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good evening gentlemen,

Both of you have made valid points and I appriciate everyone's feed-back. I want to touch on a point Spooner made real quick though. He mentioned the simple fact that GM is more interested in the "new" vs. "exisiting" customer which I do I agree is a direct focus on the bottom line but another simple and most important fact remains that any businesses success is impacted by "repeat & refferal" business and not the "walk-in" client.

My Redline aside, even though I love my car I will seriously think twice before recommending GM again. I would never wish upon my worst enemy to be victim to such a price drop thus impacting the inevidable sale of the vehicle. Please dont get get me wrong... I can completly understand the value of depreciation but to spend $30K CDN on a new car and then attempt to trade it in LESS then a year later and have somebody tell me that my trade is only worth $15,500 is just straight up wrong. I dont care what you drive but even a Lada does not lose half its value in less then one year.

As much as of a chance that pigs will ever fly, it would be nice to recieve a sympathy rebate of some sort from GM... lol.

I recall an incident when the Mazda RX-8 launched in Canada(maybe the US too) and for some reason or another the horsepower of the vehicle was mis-rated by like 40-50 hp and Mazda cut a refund cheque for $5,000 to most of the initial purchasers. Now that is customer service. Mazda can rest assured that those customer remained happy and sent them business.

None the less the question still remains.... What should I be asking for? $10,000? :confused:

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
CalgaryRedLine said:
Good evening gentlemen,

Both of you have made valid points and I appriciate everyone's feed-back. I want to touch on a point Spooner made real quick though. He mentioned the simple fact that GM is more interested in the "new" vs. "exisiting" customer which I do I agree is a direct focus on the bottom line but another simple and most important fact remains that any businesses success is impacted by "repeat & refferal" business and not the "walk-in" client.

My Redline aside, even though I love my car I will seriously think twice before recommending GM again. I would never wish upon my worst enemy to be victim to such a price drop thus impacting the inevidable sale of the vehicle. Please dont get get me wrong... I can completly understand the value of depreciation but to spend $30K CDN on a new car and then attempt to trade it in LESS then a year later and have somebody tell me that my trade is only worth $15,500 is just straight up wrong. I dont care what you drive but even a Lada does not lose half its value in less then one year.

As much as of a chance that pigs will ever fly, it would be nice to recieve a sympathy rebate of some sort from GM... lol.

I recall an incident when the Mazda RX-8 launched in Canada(maybe the US too) and for some reason or another the horsepower of the vehicle was mis-rated by like 40-50 hp and Mazda cut a refund cheque for $5,000 to most of the initial purchasers. Now that is customer service. Mazda can rest assured that those customer remained happy and sent them business.

None the less the question still remains.... What should I be asking for? $10,000? :confused:
the sorta weird thing about that is mazda is owned by ford. oh and thanks for proving my point of why GM is slowly going under, you are a perfect example (and i think it was me that directly pointed that out not sp00ner that attention hog (j/k!).

But in terms of pricing, don't stray TOO much from your original, maybe 20k canadian OBO i know you guys have import issues and whatnot so that might get you a slightly higher price tag, but if you want to be safe, simply throw in that OBO..... or if you really wanna see, throw it on ebay, but I guarantee you won't like the results (imo ebay is true market value)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol... Fair enough. I was just more specific and didnt realize that was what you were saying.

I will take your advice on the price and do that.

Regards,

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello my fellow comrads,

I trust all is well...

I still have the Redline... I havent put any serious effort into selling it but I promise its going in the auto trader this week.

Its been sitting in my buddies garage but I think I will bring it out this weekend weather permitting. I miss driving it:(

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
just a heads up, not sure what the RL market is in canada, but they're starting to pop up everywhere used in the USA and actually starting to be low prices as well

·
Registered
8 Posts
2005 Ion redline for sale 9000 0bo

I am selling my 2005 ion redline. Car is in great shape and only has 61000 miles on it. Silver, blue and black recaro seats, the Gmpp stage 2 clutch just installed, less then 5000 miles on it. Performance mods include zzp stg 3 kit, typhoon cai, zzp headers, 3in dp, full 3in catback with brand new borla xs muffler. Dynoed at 270 at the wheels this car is fun as hell to drive. I am asking 9000. If your interested please call or text 248-820-9591. I will send picks and video if needed. I am located in lake orion michigan.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I am selling my 2005 ion redline. Car is in great shape and only has 61000 miles on it. Silver, blue and black recaro seats, the Gmpp stage 2 clutch just installed, less then 5000 miles on it. Performance mods include zzp stg 3 kit, typhoon cai, zzp headers, 3in dp, full 3in catback with brand new borla xs muffler. Dynoed at 270 at the wheels this car is fun as hell to drive. I am asking 9000. If your interested please call or text 248-820-9591. I will send picks and video if needed. I am located in lake orion michigan.
You'd probably be better off starting a new thread, vs. posting on one that's 7+ years old.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts