Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealership has 1 black 2004 R/L left in stock. Taking price out of the equation, is there any reason to buy this one over a 2005?

TIA.

·
Registered
158 Posts
if you wait about....3 weeks, the comp. package that adds the fog lights, lsd, and boost gauge will be out for 05's...

if you get the 04, you will have to fork an additonal 1500 out at the dealer to have them install it...if not more.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keebler said:
if you wait about....3 weeks, the comp. package that adds the fog lights, lsd, and boost gauge will be out for 05's...QUOTE]

Are there any online pics or info on this package?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
158 Posts
no, but the option will be around 1400-1500ish, will be installed at the factory, so its all under warranty if anything breaks. it will include the lsd, boost gauge w/ illuminated tach, and fog lamps instead of those cheesy plastic grill inserts.

they dont have it on their website yet, but you can go talk to your local dealer, and they can get the info for you, but it wont be much info. they will just say they are aware of it, have an 'idea' of what it will cost, and an idea of when it will become available.

my order was placed a few days ago, and now im just waiting patiently for it to be built :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
The ION Red Line Competition Package will be offered at an MSRP of
$1,365
and feature the following content:
o Limited slip differential
o Column-mounted boost gauge with programmable performance illuminated
ladder tachometer. The ION Red Line is the only vehicle that has the
illuminated ladder tachometer.
o Projector beam fog lamps
o Custom gray painted wheels with accent polished rim

The Competition Package will become an orderable option starting with
February 2005 production.

·
Registered
810 Posts
^^ anyone have any seperate prices? personally, i think the rims for the comp package are ugly. at the autoshow they were almost a blue/gray color. if i got them, id have them painted black with a polished lip. but im not all that interested in the wheels, or lsd right now. i mainly just want the boost gauge and fog lights. thanks!

·
Registered
272 Posts
why is it more to install it on the 2004? are the performance uprgrades going to cost more to for the 2004?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts