Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blue if my favorite color and I just love how the blue interior matches the exterior so well.

Thanks everyone! :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes...but only after the "I" fell off the first time it was washed. Might put the letters back on but haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Thats sweet. I am loving my sl2 now but i cant wait to get my RL. Def going blue, my stang is atlantic blue and this one will be pacific blue...kinda cool huh?? lol. I dont know what color my 99 Blue is. All i know is its dark.

·
Registered
37 Posts
magikal_dragon said:
Yes...but only after the "I" fell off the first time it was washed. Might put the letters back on but haven't decided yet.
I removed all of the badges on my Grand Prix and IMHO the car looks much better. I think just leaving the Redline badge on looks cool.

Car looks great with or without the badgeing. ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm probably gonna remove the redline flag (still debating) I would like to modify the Saturn logos somehow...its a cool logo I just don't like the bright red on a blue car...especially the one on the hood - ITS HUGE!

·
Registered
296 Posts
magikal_dragon said:
Here are a couple of pics taken last week...it was a nice "semi-spring" day in Michigan
Nice pics, especially the control console... I've been right where you were at.

Just doing some simple math proportions, if 5200rpm=130mph, then 6450rpm should = ~161mph (before I start getting irate replies, I know it's not that simple... but it is fun!)

130/5200 = X/6450

(130 x 6450)/5200 = 161.25 (speed at redline)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Very niiiiiiice! Where can you get up to that around here?!
Have to say that going from a 96 SL2 to an 05' Redline is great
but have increased my ticket factor by 10!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pac.blue.RL said:
Have to say that going from a 96 SL2 to an 05' Redline is great
but have increased my ticket factor by 10!
Lapeer County, I-69, eastbound right before the Lk. Pleasant Rd exit on the way to big bad old Imlay City (where my mom lives)

Even though thats where I grew up, I HATE THAT TOWN!

·
Registered
296 Posts
pac.blue.RL said:
Any side street in front of the high school.... :D J/K

I did mine on several long straight aways on I-55 between Chicago and St. Louis... sunny day, dry pavement, almost zero traffic... no overpasses, dips in the highway, on/off ramps, large bushes or abutments for Mr. Officer to hide around... Passport 8500 fired up, to boot!

Only problem is at those speeds you can practically see the gas gage needle moving down :eek:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
yeah 69 would be a good road to push the redline on. The fastest ive ever been is about 115 ish. That was on the lodge past southfield freeway. The lodge is not a smooth road to say the least.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts