Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like the 2006 Red Line will come standard with fog lights and On-star.

If you go to this site http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/brandsel.jsp?year=2006&regionID=1
and then select Saturn, then click on "Print Book" then select the ION, then select print model and then click the print button it will open a pdf file that tells all the options and standard equipment that is avalible.

It's a pretty cool link, found it on www.cobaltss.net

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ill Keep The Supercharger.:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
dazednconfused75 said:
I love that they're not changing the engine. That's good news for us.
That's awesome news. More time to develop mods for our cars. I see there's new Fusion Orange color available, too. Cool stuff.

Here's a shot of the rear of 2006 ION that was built last week. This one has the new 2.4 Ecotec (as indicated by a new trunk emblem). The body is unchanged from '05, but there will be new wheel designs (Red Line wheels will be the same).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Signals said:
That's awesome news. More time to develop mods for our cars. I see there's new Fusion Orange color available, too. Cool stuff.

Here's a shot of the rear of 2006 ION that was built last week. This one has the new 2.4 Ecotec (as indicated by a new trunk emblem). The body is unchanged from '05, but there will be new wheel designs (Red Line wheels will be the same).
Looks like someone was sneaky with a camera in the plant.

·
Registered
272 Posts
wait the 2006 ion redline will be supercharged and a 2.4 liter...there going to be faster no doubt...how much faster???...not to mention LSD..damn i wish i could of waited longer...o well i love my redline :D ...

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
redlineRACER said:
wait the 2006 ion redline will be supercharged and a 2.4 liter...there going to be faster no doubt...how much faster???...not to mention LSD..damn i wish i could of waited longer...o well i love my redline :D ...
The Red Lines are going to continue to be a 2.0, the 2.4 is going into the regular Ion.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I think the 2.4 is an option; my dad works @ the tech center & he said, at least as far as Cobalts, the 2.2 is the standard, the 2.4 is the "SS" and the 2.0 s/c is the "SS Supercharged" so maybe it'll be like a "red smear" or "red streak" but nothing so distinct as a red line.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
I think the 2.4 is an option; my dad works @ the tech center & he said, at least as far as Cobalts, the 2.2 is the standard, the 2.4 is the "SS" and the 2.0 s/c is the "SS Supercharged" so maybe it'll be like a "red smear" or "red streak" but nothing so distinct as a red line.
You must be thinking of the LS being a 2.4.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
matt said:
You must be thinking of the LS being a 2.4.
Chevy is going to have 3 versions of the SS. A SS coupe with the 2.4 (avail. manual or automatic trans), a SS sedan with the 2.4 (avail. manual or automatic trans), and a SS/SC coupe.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Yea, I've heard about a 175ish hp Cobalt coupe...

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
t94 is the fog rpo now I wonder how long till we can order that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts