Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any word on the 2006 redline as of yet? It might be well worth it in my current state to wait for the 2006 instead of picking up an 05' now. Also I wonder if there will be any changes for the upcoming year...
thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,231 Posts
to what I hear the o5 is it. The ion platform will also last till 06 but I dont think they redline will be avail due to the skys avail with the 2.0 s/c motor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
goofyguy said:
to what I hear the o5 is it. The ion platform will also last till 06 but I dont think they redline will be avail due to the skys avail with the 2.0 s/c motor
Really? Yea that would make sense, although pulling a model like that after 2 years without much improvement seems like a waste. And considering they have trademarked this "redline" name, I could see other cars getting "redline" versions as well.
Im planning on investing in an 05 anyway..but just thought Id ask, hopefully they continue it for another year or so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
i heard at the dealer that the 06 redline was going to have like 20 more hp..but you know how the dealers are...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
I dont know about the Ion redlines (even though I was told the 05 redlines would have 20 more hp than the 04, but they were wrong), but my dealer said that the Aurua(sp?) would have a redline version with 300 hp. I dont know about that but if so................
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well at the dealer I went to..on the wall they had a picture of an upcoming saturn sportscar..the guy said it was supposed to have 400 horse (Im maybe thinking the LS2?) Anyway its odd, he was telling me how he saw it at a concept show and all this stuff..I don't remember the name..it wasnt the Aura or Sky..it looked like a saturn supercar..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
762 Posts
EvenStar said:
Well at the dealer I went to..on the wall they had a picture of an upcoming saturn sportscar..the guy said it was supposed to have 400 horse (Im maybe thinking the LS2?) Anyway its odd, he was telling me how he saw it at a concept show and all this stuff..I don't remember the name..it wasnt the Aura or Sky..it looked like a saturn supercar..
Go back to the dealer and take a picture of it and post it! LoL I'd like to see this sports car. 400HP? I REALLY DOUBT IT heh
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
wut said:
I dont know about the Ion redlines (even though I was told the 05 redlines would have 20 more hp than the 04, but they were wrong), but my dealer said that the Aurua(sp?) would have a redline version with 300 hp. I dont know about that but if so................
Who told you that it would have 20 more horses, the dealer? I never heard anything about a power increase when I was looking at the cars. I did hear that GM wants to use variable valve timing on the newer sport compacts, and that the Redline/Cobalt would be the first the get it, but I don't remember the year that was supposed to happed, I think it was at least '06.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
they're not going to pull the Ion Red Line because they want a SKY Red Line or AUra Red Line, Red Line is like the SS badge or the GTX badge for pontiac, or like AMG for benz

the only way they'll pull the ION Red Line is if sales are so low it's not making them any money, or with a replacement which will come when the ION is replaced completely...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
D3XXFR said:
Go back to the dealer and take a picture of it and post it! LoL I'd like to see this sports car. 400HP? I REALLY DOUBT IT heh
Ooo well it seems its the Saturn Curve Concept..I remember the picture..odd although I don't think it will be getting 400hp..but it will be a saturn sportscar no doubt..
http://www.saturnspeed.com/curve.php

 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
I'm under the impression that they might have killed that project. I think it's a little too much like the Sky. I remember seeing the car though, either at the auto show, the saturn dealer here, or possibly online somewhere. All three more likely...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
the Curve was Saturns Original Kappa car. The styling direction was dropped in favor of the Vauxhall lightning concept. Pretty much all Future Saturns are going to be or heavily influnced by Opel. and the Curve concept had the SC ecotech motor. Kappa according to GM cant hold anything more than a 4 banger, but most insiders say it hold an LSx motor without and major problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Maybe Saturn is just going to report the true crank horsepower of the Redline. I seem to remember on these threads that people were dynoing their redlines at 200 HP at the wheels. If that's true, then the true crank HP of the redline is about 230 HP, correct?
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
Gary Perez said:
Maybe Saturn is just going to report the true crank horsepower of the Redline. I seem to remember on these threads that people were dynoing their redlines at 200 HP at the wheels. If that's true, then the true crank HP of the redline is about 230 HP, correct?
On one of the websites, either here or the Cobalt forum, there was a guy that runs a dyno/speedshop that said they had about 15 Redline's in so far, and most were making between 200-210 wheel horsepower. Said there wasn't any that were making 205 crank horsepower in the whole batch. I think it's more of a mind game with the other manufacturers. Makes it seem like it's doing alot more with the power than it is. Not sure, I don't know why all car manufacturers don't rate the horsepower at the wheels. I could give a rats ass what the crank power is. I want to know the wheel horsepower of a car I drive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Who told you that it would have 20 more horses, the dealer? I never heard anything about a power increase when I was looking at the cars. I did hear that GM wants to use variable valve timing on the newer sport compacts, and that the Redline/Cobalt would be the first the get it, but I don't remember the year that was supposed to happed, I think it was at least '06.
Yeah it was the dealear. I was looking at an 04 redline, but end up getting my wife an 04 Ion2. The manager stated that the 05's would have an increase in hp, so it probably best to wait for it. I didnt even know the 05's were out until a couple of months ago........I asked her about the increase and she was like "well I thought it would be an increase in hp, but the cars are basically the same blah blah blah"
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top