Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the best mods to buy with $1000? What are the most essential? I just found my ‘06 hiding in the mountains in Maine and it’s clean and bone stock! And yes, those are Saab aero wheels 🤣

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome to redline ownership! The car looks clean, and I'm kind of digging how the Saab wheels look on the car.
I would have to say gun for a stage 3 kit, and tune (Hp tuners going to eat a lot of that budget). Check if your intercooler pump is working (plenty of guides online) and replace if needed.
Then spend the rest with supporting mods and refreshing the car (spark plugs, oil change, fuel filter etc), option b kit, dual-pass, etc zzp and these forums have some great build guidelines.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The other guy said it best as far as how to spend that $1000 , gotta make sure that intercooler pump is working. I would also throw in small stuff like that missing window trim and removing the pinstripe. This is my silver 2006 with pinstripe removed. Mine said "redline" instead of "Ion" in the pinstripe on the rear quarter panel. Well to be completely honest it said "edline" because the R came off over time...lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where can one find the window trim these days? I've been looking and looking for RL stuff and I have an easier time finding stuff for my 93 Yukon.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You can find pretty easily by goggle... ebay has them, I just looked before replied. That part along with several other body parts are the same on the regular coupe and the redline. I'm referring to the black plastic rectangular piece just behind the door glass. Just clarifying so we are talking about the same piece.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yea we're talking about the same part. I've tried eBay in the past and got burnt so I've tried to stick to aftermarket parts sites. Guess I'm stuck with eBay.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I use to be like that too with ebay but there are alot of legitimate sellers on there. Just make sure you vet the seller before you buy anything and you will be good. Usually ebay will take care of you if you do get burned.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yea we're talking about the same part. I've tried eBay in the past and got burnt so I've tried to stick to aftermarket parts sites. Guess I'm stuck with eBay.
eBay's pretty much pro-customer than a pro-seller for a long time now. How did you get burned?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts