Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just raced a Mercedes Benz C55 AMG in my Stage 2 redline w/ intake and Thermal R&D. We both hit it at about 25, and let off around 90. I was a hood length on him by 90 and he started a bumper ahead. Before the race, I knew the guy was a real a-hole because he put "kompressor" logos on the side of his car, and he had a vanity plate that said "C55 AMG" on it. Too bad badges dont increase horsepower. This guy was so embarrassed that he wouldn't even pull his window down at the next light even after one of my friends told him to lower it. I think its a total kill considering his car was probably a good 55 grand. If it was off the line, he probably would have taken me, but not from a roll.:hungry:

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
disbsam333 said:
Hey, I just raced a Mercedes Benz C55 AMG in my Stage 2 redline w/ intake and Thermal R&D. We both hit it at about 25, and let off around 90. I was a hood length on him by 90 and he started a bumper ahead. Before the race, I knew the guy was a real a-hole because he put "kompressor" logos on the side of his car, and he had a vanity plate that said "C55 AMG" on it. Too bad badges dont increase horsepower. This guy was so embarrassed that he wouldn't even pull his window down at the next light even after one of my friends told him to lower it. I think its a total kill considering his car was probably a good 55 grand. If it was off the line, he probably would have taken me, but not from a roll.:hungry:
wasnt an AMG man

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
this thread is going to be deleted with no video proof...new rules...

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
i duno i wud def need a vid...but then again i never trust a kill with out vid proof

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yeah, that was not an AMG most likely someone with the AMG Appearance package, just like someone with the RL appearance package, and there is now kompresser AMG, kompresser = super charged, the only forced induction AMG is the S, SL and CL 65's with a "Biturbo" V12.
You most likely ran into a AMG appearance package C 230 Kompresser only about 190 hp.
Congrats on the kill but sorry to kill your AMG kill high.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wouldn't call BS.

Follow-Up Test: 2005 Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG

"At the track, the C55 turned in slightly slower times than the C32 we tested a couple years ago. The raw numbers came in at 5.6 seconds for the 0-60 dash and 13.95 for the quarter. Still quick, but one would rightfully expect that the V8 would be a few tenths quicker, not slower. As we have stated before, there are many variables that come into play when testing a car for acceleration — the track surface, weather conditions (cool air is better than warm) and driver differences. Putting all that power to the ground is tricky, as it's so easy (with the traction control switched off) to make the rear Pirellis go up in smoke. If we chose to take say, eight runs, we're sure that the times would have come down, but we feel that three runs are easier on the car and better represent "real world" numbers. But let's not split hairs; this is one fast car any way you look at it."

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Yeah, that was not an AMG most likely someone with the AMG Appearance package, just like someone with the RL appearance package, and there is now kompresser AMG, kompresser = super charged, the only forced induction AMG is the S, SL and CL 65's with a "Biturbo" V12.
You most likely ran into a AMG appearance package C 230 Kompresser only about 190 hp.
Congrats on the kill but sorry to kill your AMG kill high.
oh so WRONG!!!!.. there's the C32 AMG which is a SC 6 cyl, an SLK32 which has the same motor,an E,G,ML AND S55 with a SICK ass S/C v8.. the ML Might only have the N/A 55 like the newer C55 does.. not 100% on that one.. and for the record an 01+ E55 can BLOW the door's off a modded 04 cobra.. and the bens mod's were DR's... look it up it's a fuel slut race.. think high 12's factory for a real AMG with F/I... and there is NO KOMPRESSOR AMG.. the AMG's ONLY badgeing (SP?) is the two number's after AMG.. which denotes engine size..

·
Registered
136 Posts
like I said you gotta find out the year he raced! We know AMG means performance.....just what kind is what i wanna find out. The SL65....SOHC V12 biturbo.....new Sl63 is a dohc 6.3 liter V8....rediculous! I believe they made both the N/A and supercharged versions of the 5.5 liter V8 so....

·
Registered
45 Posts
solid kill. Any requirement for video is BS. I don't know about y'all, but i don't usually drive around with a video guy in my passenger seat. Any one who videos themself while driving is an idiot! Good kill.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, lets just clarify this. They ONLY made that car in a 5.5L n/a V8 with around 350hp. That car is heavy, and cannot keep up with my car from a roll. If you have stage 2, its the exact same thing. They never made a kompressor, the guy was just a loser and put it on there. The tips on the back were the quad tips, and the car had the V8 sound, not the vacuum cleaner V6 "kompressor" sound of the C32. Its not a V12, or "63", those would win. All I said is C55. I will try to shoot it next time I race, cuz the guy lives in the area and I will probably line it up again.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
OK, lets just clarify this. They ONLY made that car in a 5.5L n/a V8 with around 350hp. That car is heavy, and cannot keep up with my car from a roll. If you have stage 2, its the exact same thing. They never made a kompressor, the guy was just a loser and put it on there. The tips on the back were the quad tips, and the car had the V8 sound, not the vacuum cleaner V6 "kompressor" sound of the C32. Its not a V12, or "63", those would win. All I said is C55. I will try to shoot it next time I race, cuz the guy lives in the area and I will probably line it up again.
even the C32 does not say KOMPRESSOR.. it say's C32... lol there's NO kompressor AMG... and mercedes call's it's AMG package on any other model a sport... like my step mom's E350 "SPORT".. which is the AMG body styling and suspension but not brakes and motor.. an AMG apperance package was NOT a factory option.. you either got the AMG or ya didnt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
AMG owner chiming in.

I was just searching for head porting and some how came across this forum and this post. I own a 2005 C55 AMG I also know alot about other AMG's as well. I just want to get some info out there for you guys. Mercedes does uses the Kompressor badge to indicate that the car is Supercharged. and the 55 is not a 5.5 liter is a 5.4 liter.

First off the C55 AMG is a beast of a car. 362hp/376tq to at works out to 291whp/305wtq from my stock dyno runs on a Dyno Dynamics dyno (IMO the best dyno around) The stock C55 makes 305 wheel torque at just over 2500rpms and stays flat at 305 until peak horsepower is made. My personal C55 Makes 352whp and 357wtq on a dyno dynamics dyno. and makes 388whp and 392wtq on a Dyno Jet.

In the 55AMG "car" line up the C55, CLK55 and SLK55 are the only non-supercharged AMG form 2005 to 2007. The E55, S55, SL55, CLS55, and CL55 are all supercharged. The SLK32 and C32 form 2002-2004 (discontinued) are Supercharged V6's that make 349hp. And yes C32's and SLK32's will say V6 Kompressor on the side. Also note that All fairly newer 600 mercedes have about 500hp with a V12 bi-turbo (twin turbo for us normal people).

There are alot of posers out there that buy badges from ebay and stick them on their cars. The key is to see it if has chrome duel exhaust with twin tips. The C32 and SLK32 will have single exhaust. also some other older model AMGs will too.

When my car was bone stock I ran 13.2 at 108mph
YouTube - Stock Mercedes C55 AMG runs 13.2 at 108mph vs Nissan

Saturn Redlines are cool for sure my friend has an 2008 Redline Sky and stock My C55 destroyed his Sky. No question about it.. Really the C55 is a car you should not pick a race with. with the limiters taken off the car the C55 will hit 187mhp with a simple ECU flash Most of the C32's that are out there are running in the 12's with some minor mods. I would highly recommend a used AMG to anyone that loves power. you can get into a C32 with low miles for under 20K and have 400whp with $3500 in mods.

The C55 eats G35's 350z's, M3's, S4's, Srt8's, G37's, Pontiac G8's, some Vettes, The list goes on so I'm sure a stock C55 would dispatch of an ION redline without a problem.

I dont want you guys to get me wrong by chiming in on your forum. But the C55 is a total animal and it is what it is.
Take care guys. Maybe I will see one of you out at the track here in Arizona.

here are some cool C55 videos
YouTube - C55 AMG on the dyno at Dyno-Comp

YouTube - C55 AMG custom dual exhaust

YouTube - m5board.com presents: 2007 SUBARU STI __VS_ Mercedes C55 AMG

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
oh **** you know your gonna get flamed by some here for saying it wasnt true. im gonna flame for joining a forum just to say your car is better. now gtfo

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
and btw fail for reviving a dead thread and double fail for trolling

1 - 20 of 70 Posts