Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm looking to sell my 2007 Saturn Ion Redline. It's located in Portland, Maine. It's a Florida car originally, and I've only had it for about 4 years now, so it's not seen as many Maine winters as you might think. The car has 142k miles on it, and to be honest, the majority of them are highway miles. I used to commute from my home in Portland to an office in Dover, NH, which is about 10 miles north of Portsmouth. It was about 110 miles round-trip per day, and mostly highway. I'm looking to get $2500 for it. I think I've added a picture properly, but if not, here's the link to my local Craigslist ad for it.

https://maine.craigslist.org/cto/6065305956.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried to respond to your PM, but apparently I haven't posted enough (you need 15) to do that. So I'll answer your questions here. Regarding an interior photo, you should see one on the Craigslist ad. I've updated the ad for that photo. And lowered the price too. Now it's $2000 cash.

I'll add an engine bay photo to the Craigslist ad as well.

As for work needed, here's what I know for absolute certain. It will need new tires by the end of the year. As a set of tires will run a person $500 or so, I thought it best to lower the price by that amount. Because I've replaced the front struts, an alignment might be a good idea too.

and here's what I would do if I was planning on keeping the car. It has 142k miles, and it seems like this would be a good time to replace the CV joints, serpentine belt, water pump, and maybe get a good look at that clutch to make sure it's in good nick. (And if the serpentine belt is off, maybe a new pulley to generate some more power, because hey, why not?) I'd also probably want to replace the spark plugs, as they have about 70k miles on them. That's basically one of the first things I did when I bought the car, and it had 70k miles then. I'd also replace the shifter. The knob is loose, and I'm not certain how to tighten it or if it can even be tightened at all. A new knob is about 40 bucks, and a new short-throw shift mechanism with an aluminum knob isn't much more than that. I may end up buying one soon. The clutch seems fine, but the shifter seems a bit sloppy now, especially for 1st to 2nd gear, and sometimes reverse. Everything else is quite smooth actually. Of course, that also might be related to a loose knob giving me a lack of "feel" for getting it into gear?

So there you have it.......$2000 for a car that, if you flew to Maine from anywhere in the country, would get you home safely and comfortably........

·
Registered
125 Posts
is this a comp package? your oringinal CL post seems to have expired I have been trying for a while to get a picture of under the boost guage wiring? mine has been hacked by previous owner
Thanks either way

1 - 9 of 9 Posts