Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on gminsidenews.com...
The 2007 Saturn Sky

The concept will be shown at the upcoming Detroit auto show in January. This is a twin of the Pontiac Solstice and Chevrolet Nomad. I think it will probably replace the Ion Redline when it comes out in Spring 06'. It looks sweet...looks like if you took the redline and mixed with a new Corvette C6!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Awesome sketch, I really want to go to Detroit to see this in person.

I just hope there is a Red Line version. Can you imagine 210RWHP from a 2200lbs car. That'd kick ass.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
redline14 said:
I think that it won't need a "redline" version because it will come with similar performance as the redline, etc...

I heard it was going to have the 170hp 2.4L Ecotec. A SKY Red Line would have the 2.0 SC Ecotec.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Aeain said:
I heard it was going to have the 170hp 2.4L Ecotec.

Fucking lame.

You shouldn't make a car look like that and only give it 170 stock ponies.

That's just as bad as a V6 Stang. :p

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
JPK said:
Fucking lame.

The 170hp will run the sky to a low 14 high 13 stock 1/4 mile time. It is 2200lbs after all.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Sky should come from the factory already as fast or faster than the current Redline. I'll try and post some Solstice specs later.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Aeain said:
The 170hp will run the sky to a low 14 high 13 stock 1/4 mile time. It is 2200lbs after all.
Really? How small is the car? Hell, the S2000 weighs like 2800 and it's pretty small.

I still say more horsies. :D :D :D

·
Registered
595 Posts
JPK said:
Fucking lame.

tell me, what v-6 stang has 170 stock horses? surely u dont speak of the 99-04 v6 or the new 05.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Aeain said:
it will be just under the weight of the RL, coming in around 2800+ pounds

it is going to be basically an upscale version of the pontiac solstice

and 170 in that car will be very nice, but even better when they do a F/I version. there is some speculation on whether or not it will be s/c or t/c, but we'll find out when they release info on the solstice version. i assume it would be the 2.0 s/c, but it's not like gm doesn't have the 2.0t/c from the saabs to work with either check out www.solsticeforum.com for any info you would want on the solstice, and it will more than likely transfer to the SKY

that is my next baby by the way! but i'll be waiting for a RL version of it

·
Registered
524 Posts
That does look pretty sweet. If they do go FI on that car it will be a S/C for sure. GM in general does not like TC even though they have it in their line up. Only SAAB uses the TC in their setups, the rest are always S/C...

Tom

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
that is true, but there have been rumors of a possible t/c setup for the solstice, which would transfer over to the SKY, i am in the s/c camp though, so i hope not

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
mbhmustang98 said:
tell me, what v-6 stang has 170 stock horses? surely u dont speak of the 99-04 v6 or the new 05.

Hey now.....let's not start another Mustang/GM war here. ;)

First off, I like Mustangs but don't understand why anyone would opt for a 6 instead of the GT.

What I was trying to say with my earlier comment was, the V6 stang is just vanity. People buy them to say they have a Mustang. Sure they look nice but where's the beef.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Actually the saturn sky was being thought of way back when i got my first saturn in 98. then pontiac took the project because back then satun wouldnt be able to market that kind of a car, kinda of how the cobalt will do better in sales because it has a bowtie on it ;) . So in fact it isnt the same as the solstice.... The solstice is the same as the sky!

·
Registered
595 Posts
JPK said:
Hey now.....let's not start another Mustang/GM war here. ;)

First off, I like Mustangs but don't understand why anyone would opt for a 6 instead of the GT.

What I was trying to say with my earlier comment was, the V6 stang is just vanity. People buy them to say they have a Mustang. Sure they look nice but where's the beef.
LOL your right man. Yeah i know when i went from my first car and first stang my 83 4 banger coupe it looked mean and it was my baby but then i lost it to a fire. then i got my 95 v-6 stang when i was 19 and i thought it was so awesome. lol But then i got this GT and while its still not super fast, i just could never go back to anything less. Now when i see a mustang and its not a gt or cobra or sumthen i am like..ehh its just a v6 er. Altho i still like them just dont pay them attention. Id rather have a RL over a v6 stang and stangs are my fav car. lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
The only thing I don't like about the Sky so far is that it is being built in Wilmington Delaware. The same factory that the L's came from...

A V-6 Mustang is a Pudstang in my book.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I was wrong...based on these Solstice specs, it sounds like they will more than likely make a redline version...which is fine with me by all means! I can't wait till January just to see the "non redline" version.

These are from the June 04 issue of Car and Driver:

2006 PONTIAC SOLSTICE
Vehicle type: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 2-passenger, 2-door roadster
Estimated base price: $20,000
Engine type: DOHC 16-valve inline-4, aluminum block and head, port fuel injection
Displacement: 145 cu in, 2384cc
Power (SAE net): 170 bhp @ 6400 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 170 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm

Transmission: 5-speed manual
Wheelbase: 95.1 in
Length/width/height: 157.2/71.6/50.2 in
Curb weight: 2850 lb
C/D-estimated performance:
Zero to 60 mph: 7.5 sec
Standing 1/4-mile: 15.6 sec
Projected fuel economy:
EPA city driving (C/D est): 22 mpg
EPA highway driving (C/D est): 28 mpg

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
redline14 said:
I wonder if a redline sky would be just about as fast as the current redline or faster??!!
Faster as I said 210 rear wheel horsepower in a 2200lb car. High 13s atleast.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts