Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just a reminder!

PEOPLE THAT WANT TO RACE ON DRAG DAY.

BE THERE AT 6AM, OR GIVE ME YOUR TECH CARD MONEY ($40).
IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT RACING, YOU MUST BE THERE BEFORE 11am.

WE NEED PEOPLE THAT HAVE AN EXTRA CAR, SO WE CAN BRING A BAR-BE-QUE!
WE NEED SOMEONE TO BRING A POP UP SUN SHADE!
WE NEED TO GET YOUR TECH INSPECTION MONEY BEFORE THE DAY OF THE MEET SO WE CAN MAKE SURE YOU GET TO RACE THAT DAY. (Talk to Socal about that)

THE LIST!
Fullthrottle - Mike (burgers and dogs)
007 redline - Greg (Soda and chips)
KingOfTheHill- JOe (Cups and Plates, probably drinks too)
Darth Racer- Peter (Pork Rinds and Candy)
SocalsilverRL - Mike in his red Mitsufied redline (mooching off everyone else)
ReDLiNe805 - Brandon
IonFeright - David Tent/Awning
thedubsack - dub
(red = confirmed)

Ionferight - you still planning on bringing the pop-up awning?

we still need someone to bring a BBQ if you all want to BBQ, otherwise ill be bringing a cooler with some drinks, and some munchies.

AND, its only $20 to race. So anyone that wants me to grab their tech card, send me $20. my paypal is listed here

Auto Club NHRA Street Legal Drags

Saturday March 8, 2008

WHO: Street legal racers, spectators and media

WHAT: This weekend is the Auto Club Street Legal Drags.

WHERE: Auto Club Speedway, 9300 Cherry Avenue, Fontana. The quarter-mile Auto Club Dragway is located on the North side of the facility. INFORMATION: (909) 429-5060

TIME: Tickets go on sale 7:00 a.m. Tech inspection begins at 7:00 a.m. RACING begins at 9:00 am. Note: NO SHORTS,TANK TOPS, OR opened Shoes if you are racing!!

COST: Car & Driver =$20.00. Crew or Spectator =$10. Kids 12 and under are Free.

ATTENTION RACERS: We are now accepting credit card transactions at the gate. Note: Effective September 1, 2007 checks are no longer accepted.

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Smokem10 - Rocky (Buns and cheese)

Mike, your talking about March 8th right???

·
Registered
633 Posts
this can be a reunion of us 4, like always.

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes sir March 8th. This is awesome guys. SocalsilverRL get your ass in here brother. I posted this on the shortbuss as well. tell all your friends we can have a good ole time.

·
Registered
682 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
also... i know im new here but im a very very very very on time and dependable person... IF my some odd chance i can't make it... i would be shocked... and it would have to be a huge HUGE reason like i died or something lol..

Amature Photographer as well so we'll get some pretty slick shots :facelick:

JOe

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
if ya want me to ill tell the GM eternal guy's and maybe catch a ride with them..

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thedubsack85 said:
if ya want me to ill tell the GM eternal guy's and maybe catch a ride with them..

yeah that would be cool. the more the better get them to visit this thread.

You dont have a RL anymore?

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kingofthehill said:
also... i know im new here but im a very very very very on time and dependable person... IF my some odd chance i can't make it... i would be shocked... and it would have to be a huge HUGE reason like i died or something lol..

Amature Photographer as well so we'll get some pretty slick shots :facelick:

JOe

Very Nice JOe. <---- :lol:

that will be cool

·
Registered
682 Posts
So the fast guys planning on helmets or what?... gotta do some research on what they require.. snell or dot.... my helmet has a pretty knarly crack in it and i KNOW i should get a new one but im not so sure i'll be in the 13's anyways..

how are our axles with slicks or drag radials? gotta see what i have access to... lol

JOe

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
fullthrottle said:
yeah that would be cool. the more the better get them to visit this thread.

You dont have a RL anymore?
no sadly saturn could not fix my car. it sat at the dealer for OVER a month. they flew out an engineer. who supposidly tore down my motor inspected and tested everything and said nothing was out of the ordinary. it wasnt till i had the car sold that the problem presented its self clearly.. boosting 19 psi on stage 2 isnt supposed to be possible.. (bad CAT).. but i will for sure post a link on the GM eternal site. maybe get 3 or more RL's to roll out.

as far as stock axels on DR's you can do it even with the stock mount's in.. but dont be to hard on them ive snapped an axel on the stock lop's WITH mount's AND tbar's..and ive known people to break motor mount's. on even a stock tune RL.

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
Im in (unless work doesnt permit it)

and ill be needing my helmet...:freak5:

...hopefully not a full cage :D (for <11.99)

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kingofthehill said:
So the fast guys planning on helmets or what?... gotta do some research on what they require.. snell or dot.... my helmet has a pretty knarly crack in it and i KNOW i should get a new one but im not so sure i'll be in the 13's anyways..

how are our axles with slicks or drag radials? gotta see what i have access to... lol

JOe

Yup I'll be bringing one. im sure my car is capable of 13 :) alot of the RL and SS S/C that are going are capable of 13s. just depends on the driver.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I'm in ,unless it rains.

I haven't been drag racing for a long time and I'm feeling the itch again.
I know you guys have some fast ass Redlines and I'm curious to see what they will run.

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thedubsack85 said:
no sadly saturn could not fix my car. it sat at the dealer for OVER a month. they flew out an engineer. who supposidly tore down my motor inspected and tested everything and said nothing was out of the ordinary. it wasnt till i had the car sold that the problem presented its self clearly.. boosting 19 psi on stage 2 isnt supposed to be possible.. (bad CAT).. but i will for sure post a link on the GM eternal site. maybe get 3 or more RL's to roll out.

as far as stock axels on DR's you can do it even with the stock mount's in.. but dont be to hard on them ive snapped an axel on the stock lop's WITH mount's AND tbar's..and ive known people to break motor mount's. on even a stock tune RL.
So let me get this straight. A GM/Saturn Engineer couldnt figure out taht you had a clogged cat?

guys who are going be sure to add yourself to the list.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
SocalSILVERRL - Mike in his red Mitsufied redline :D (mooching off everyone else)

Also, remember, if you all want to get there super early, we can buy multiple tech inspection cards so as to ensure that we all get in. Its $40, and you will need to get it to the person that will be there the earliest. (we all know im always late)

P.S. I can bring my grill if someone has a truck to bring it with *coughDUBSACKcough*

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
socalsilverRL said:
SocalSILVERRL - Mike in his red Mitsufied redline :D (mooching off everyone else)

Also, remember, if you all want to get there super early, we can buy multiple tech inspection cards so as to ensure that we all get in. Its $40, and you will need to get it to the person that will be there the earliest. (we all know im always late)

P.S. I can bring my grill if someone has a truck to bring it with *coughDUBSACKcough*
sadly my truck is gone now to.. along with my license at the moment.. so that's why unless i can get the GM guy's to go and hitch a ride i aint going.. LONG STORY... ill post the linky up on the GME forum's sometime today

1 - 20 of 169 Posts