Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My insurance just jumped up $600 a year. So much for honesty. :mad:

When I got my Red Line in May 2004 I had 21st Century Auto Insurance add it to my policy. I was paying $1386 a year for full coverage.

Then the letters started coming asking me to verify my VIN#. After a total of three letters sent back with the correct information, I responded to the forth letter by calling them directly from my mobile phone, standing over my car, reading the VIN# to them. :confused:

That was back in August 2004.

2 weeks ago, I got my renewal papers and noticed the VIN# was still wrong, so once again I called them up and provided the correct information.

They thanked me by sending me a notice of a premium increase of $634 for the year. That makes my full coverage $2020 per year for a 41 year old male who's been driving for 25 years with no accidents and my last ticket was 15 years ago back in 1990 - unacceptable! :eek:

I called to inquire about it and they told me that because of the correct VIN#, my car moved from an "11" rating to a "13" (some internal codes at 21st Century I'm sure.)

So, now I'm off to look for new insurance. I only hope that my honesty will pay off by finding an even lower insurance rate elsewhere. :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Hope my insurance agency never figures it out, when I switched over from a QC3 to the RL, the rate was almost unchanged.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Try Motors Insurance (Div. of GM). They have consistently provided me with the best rates over the last 13 years and when my last car was a write-off their service was excellent.
I assume you would have them in the States (I'm in Toronto). There are a few GM Canada unique divisions but I don't think that they are one of them.

·
Registered
524 Posts
JDRedline said:
I called to inquire about it and they told me that because of the correct VIN#, my car moved from an "11" rating to a "13" (some internal codes at 21st Century I'm sure.)
That is insurance talk, it is their symbol. Each car is assesed a symbol by performance, cost of fixing, ect... It isn't different between insurance companies, the symbol rating is national.

Anyways, my insurance company shows the symbol 13, so they know I have a Redline. I still only pay $2200 a year for two cars, with full coverage, and higher coverage. Look for a different company...

Tom

·
Registered
305 Posts
I go through State Farm and my husband has 1 traffic violation he received in May. I was paying $132 a month for full coverage and a renters policy with my 2004 QC3 and now with the RedLine I am paying $154 a month. It went up a little bit but nothing overly outrageous.

But I turn 25 in April so hopefully it will drop quite a bit then. :D

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wow, you guys have it great! I wish I was paying what I used to pay which was $190/month. Now, State Farm (jerks) decided to drop me from my parents policy... I did get a quote from progressive which was $400/month! I finally called GM insurance last night and got an awesome deal for $4003/year... with a $700 down payment... but hey I need insurance and i want my car!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Safe Auto has the Red Line ION listed as a trim model of the QC (2, 3, or Red Line), and to have full coverage on a Red Line and liability only on my SC2 would cost me $170 a month total! Not bad for a 19 year old female. :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
magikal_dragon said:
I go through State Farm and my husband has 1 traffic violation he received in May. I was paying $132 a month for full coverage and a renters policy with my 2004 QC3 and now with the RedLine I am paying $154 a month. It went up a little bit but nothing overly outrageous.

But I turn 25 in April so hopefully it will drop quite a bit then. :D

I go threw state farm also, and also turn 25, but in October. Mine is about 160 a month, 0 tickets/accidents...and single.

·
Registered
415 Posts
geokots said:
Try Motors Insurance (Div. of GM). They have consistently provided me with the best rates over the last 13 years and when my last car was a write-off their service was excellent.
I assume you would have them in the States (I'm in Toronto). There are a few GM Canada unique divisions but I don't think that they are one of them.
Through Motors I'm paying $2100 per year which is around $1,650US (depending on exchange rate). I do average 1-2 significant tickets per year but it's never effected my rate. Every renewal I'm listed as a clean record. If they keep overlooking it I'm staying with them.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Damn, I forgot how much insurance was. Some of you guys pay a crazy amount. I rememmber thoughs days. However, my rate is excellent comparitively speaking, approx $180 a month for two cars and being 22...

Tom

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Y'all got me worried now. I have a clean driving record and only one speeding ticket. I just got my policy renewed and it costs my $120/month for full coverage. Granted, I have both my car and my house with the same company, but I live in Louisiana which has one of the highest premiums in the States.

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's funny. I have 21st Century Insurance, they have always had the correct VIN, and it only costs me $932 a year. I'm only 28

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I have Shelter & I don't pay too much (can't remember off hand) but I'm concerned about it increasing in a similar manner because they could only classify it as an Ion Quad Coupe 3 & had some trouble with my VIN dispite definatly having the correct #.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm only paying $126 Thats for my RL and a VUE. Not to bad thur State Farm

·
I
7,838 Posts
i go through USAA, they deal with military, i only pay about $600 every 6 months. That is with a $100 deductable, full coverage, premium rental, and another beater car on the policy. Not to bad, it will go down more after the 25 thing too.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hyperion said:
I have Shelter & I don't pay too much (can't remember off hand) but I'm concerned about it increasing in a similar manner because they could only classify it as an Ion Quad Coupe 3 & had some trouble with my VIN dispite definatly having the correct #.
Whatever you do, don't check to see if your VIN# is still incorrect, otherwise you may be tempted to call them up and give them the correct information (being a good person who likes to do "the right thing.")

·
Registered
327 Posts
all4glh said:
i go through USAA, they deal with military, i only pay about $600 every 6 months.
USAA rocks.

With my SC1, I'm paying 300-some per term, which is less than my gf was paying per month! (she's also 8 years my junior and has some history)

I did the Geico "15 minutes to save up to 15%" (or is that Progressive) and they actually LAUGHED at me. They said I'd never find a better deal than USAA.

The moral of the story? If you're in the military, get USAA (I believe it's open to enlistedmen these days).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts