Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a dealer about 3 weeks ago and he gave me a quote for 23,000 for a brand new 05 redline out the door. does anyone think this is slightly high?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Cant speak for the the 05's but my 04 was 17 and change. That was the day before Thanksgiving when they wanted to get rid of the 04's. The sticker was a little over 22k so the 23k you are speaking of may not be that far out of line. I would think with them giving everyone the GM discount you would be able to do better than 23k though.

·
Registered
808 Posts
simo said:
I went to a dealer about 3 weeks ago and he gave me a quote for 23,000 for a brand new 05 redline out the door. does anyone think this is slightly high?
mine was 22000 out the door and im an employee

·
Registered
74 Posts
I got my 05 redline a month ago with 3k on the odo and payed just under 17k with taxes and everything.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
According to the Saturn.com website a 2005 Red Line base model with a sticker price of $21,450 would be $18,958.63 with the GM price for everyone. So unless there is $4,000 worth of opitions on the car I'd say they are asking to much for it.

·
Registered
808 Posts
max_boost said:
According to the Saturn.com website a 2005 Red Line base model with a sticker price of $21,450 would be $18,958.63 with the GM price for everyone. So unless there is $4,000 worth of opitions on the car I'd say they are asking to much for it.
You guys dont understand the car is not marked up that much. the gm discount is about $900.00 off of sticker. On chevys and such the mark up is much higher.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
John said:
You guys dont understand the car is not marked up that much. the gm discount is about $900.00 off of sticker. On chevys and such the mark up is much higher.
Not according to Saturn.com. They show a discount of $2,491. SO unless that car has every opition and the Comp Package I say they want to much for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
John said:
I also received the employee discount back in November and it was almost 1700 off of my car.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Mine stickered in at over 23k back in February, but the GMS employee discount brought it to 21.5k, I do not think that is the same as the Saturn employee discount. But the options on the car will definetely bring it over 23k, so that is not too high of a price.

·
Registered
244 Posts
First thing is....what options are on that car? It sounds like a RL w/ every option available (except Comp Pkg).

I will clear things up here. I have two RL invoices in my hands right now. One w/ Comp Pkg and one w/ out.

RL w/ Comp Pkg (Comp Pkg is a $1,470.00 Opt) has side air bags and floor mats as options. Sticker is $23,395.00 GM emlpoyee discount is $1,666.42. Now remember there is a incentive still on the Ions of $1000.00, that's the personalization allowance. So the total savings would be $2,666.42. That is how they are showing the discount on the web site and on the new stickers we have for the cars. They show the price w/ the incentive.

RL w/ out the Comp Pakg has just floor mats (I must have ordered this one, I like to keep-em as light as possible, wieght slows ya down, LOL). The sticker is $21,530.00 and the GM employee discount is $1,498.57. W/ the incentive it's $2,498.57.

*sits back and waits for Saturn corp to call me for posting this!* :D

·
Registered
366 Posts
ok here's is the deal. the redline comes with a 5/60,000 powertrain warranty. you can opt to get a 3/36,000 instead and save yourself $1,000 dollars. my Redline was $22,845. with all discounts i paid $19,299 for the car. with 300 miles. I also got $300 off because it was a demo car

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As for options it does not have the comp pkg. I only see a Moonroof and a parkbench spoiler.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
simo said:
As for options it does not have the comp pkg. I only see a Moonroof and a parkbench spoiler.
If that's all it has and they want $23,000 I'd go shop around some more.

·
Registered
199 Posts
simo said:
Even if it has all the audio options and such, $23K is probably too much if it doesn't have the competition package, with the current "GM employee discount" promotion. Unless that's $23K Canadian.

Xian
(darn you Raven, you took basically the last RL at White Bear!) ;)

·
Registered
366 Posts
xian said:
Even if it has all the audio options and such, $23K is probably too much if it doesn't have the competition package, with the current "GM employee discount" promotion. Unless that's $23K Canadian.

Xian
(darn you Raven, you took basically the last RL at White Bear!) ;)
they have one more black one there. White Bear can get you any redline from there other saint paul stores.

my redline has sunroof and advanced audio system. i went completly spoilerless too. so i got the aero wing deleted! no holes in my trunk

·
Registered
366 Posts
redlines
here ya go. saturn of saint paul redlines

click on the car and it tells you what dealership has it. the lowest price to the right is GMS price

InverGrove heights has a black one for $18,700

·
Registered
199 Posts
Raven said:
they have one more black one there. White Bear can get you any redline from there other saint paul stores.
Yeah, I saw the black one, went out there yesterday for service on my SC2, and asked about RLs. They weren't trying really hard to sell me a car though, I think I might go over to Golden Valley and see what they'll do for me. The guy I was talking to only as an afterthought decided to look at the list for all the lots. Then they started talking to me about maybe waiting for an '06...which I'm not opposed to, but you think they'd try a little harder.

Of course, I'm looking for the competition package, which none of Saturn of St. Paul's other sites seemed to have anyway.

my redline has sunroof and advanced audio system. i went completly spoilerless too. so i got the aero wing deleted! no holes in my trunk
You know, I like the looks of the aero wing, even though it obscures the rear view a little. It seems like it's at the right height to block all those annoying SUV and truck headlights.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I think the black RL still there (of course, it's also supposedly a demo model) is selling for about $19K. Thus my basis for $23K is too much.

Xian
whoops...not to get off-topic...

·
Registered
272 Posts
mine was $25,100 out the door...that was with the extended warranty..23000 isnt that high...wait until the 06 redlines come out so they want to get rid of the 05s, then youll get a better deal...

·
Registered
135 Posts
If he said 23,000 out the door, remember that includes tax, license and all that jazz. That adds roughly 10% to the overall amount. So, that's 20,700 for the car, plus all the taxes, etc.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.