Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A co-worker of mine at Lou Fusz Saturn dyno'd his Redline this past wed. The result wsa 248 WHP. I asked him if he had the sheets but they were at home, he's going to let me take a picture of them sometime. His mods include, custom 15 psi pulley, ported supercharger, and the K&N Cold Air intake. He hasn't made any track passes yet but he says he will when NOPI arrives. So there it is, other than the Psi-Fi guys, he may have one of the fastest Redlines on the street.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hey is it the silver one.From now on only saturn on olive will work on my redline.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Redline686 said:
A co-worker of mine at Lou Fusz Saturn dyno'd his Redline this past wed. The result wsa 248 WHP. I asked him if he had the sheets but they were at home, he's going to let me take a picture of them sometime. His mods include, custom 15 psi pulley, ported supercharger, and the K&N Cold Air intake. He hasn't made any track passes yet but he says he will when NOPI arrives. So there it is, other than the Psi-Fi guys, he may have one of the fastest Redlines on the street.
What's he doing to fuel it at 15psi??
WOT

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes

Yeah, its silver. The guy knows you i think. I asked him if he knew any other redlines and he knew an older guy with a silver redline, is that you? But yah his name is scott. I'm workin there now too so come visit us sometime. Cya around.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Um

WopOnTour said:
What's he doing to fuel it at 15psi??
WOT
not too sure, i'll ask him but i think he just adjusted the ECU cuz i know he hasn't done anything to the injectors or such.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Redline686 said:
not too sure, i'll ask him but i think he just adjusted the ECU cuz i know he hasn't done anything to the injectors or such.
So, he cracked the ECU? That's quite a task.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Redline686 said:
He had to of. Otherwise, he would not be able to boost above 12.5.

You need to get him on here and explain what he did.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Redline686 said:
Yeah, its silver. The guy knows you i think. I asked him if he knew any other redlines and he knew an older guy with a silver redline, is that you? But yah his name is scott. I'm workin there now too so come visit us sometime. Cya around.

Yea thats me and Scott is a nice guy.I knew he had done some mods and his RL was quick.Like I said earlier the saturn dealership on olive is my first choice to go too.They treat me very well up there.It is sad that they had one are two kids die in car wrecks that worked there.....so be careful.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yah

Aeain said:
So, he cracked the ECU? That's quite a task.
Yah well it's not the first time. Another St. Louisan, Little RED, raised his rev limiter. I'll try to convince him to get on and tell everyone.

·
Registered
391 Posts
and you have seen this for yourself, i would with a dyno sheet. it would be intersting to see some hp in the upper curve.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No

I'll post it up here eventually like next week when i start the job, but i trust him. He's been trying to get on a dyno now for like 2 weeks and he finally got an appointment. And i believe too just cuz his car is quick as hell. His lives in O'fallon and he says a lot of people know his car up there and many dont even want to race anymore :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Redline686 said:
Yah well it's not the first time. Another St. Louisan, Little RED, raised his rev limiter. I'll try to convince him to get on and tell everyone.
Seems to me that the guys from St. Louis did what the people from PSI-FI couldn't do. Surprising.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Yes, very interesting. This would be the second cracked ECU that we've heard of on here but nobody is telling us how it's done.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I do believe he had some porting done and maybe a pulley but cracking the ecu ....I dont know.Redline 686 is right his RL is quick and he is a Illinois guy.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I dont believe it till it's proved.

The ECU i'm speaking of..

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Redline686 said:
Well Little RED has never substantiated HIS claims either (St. Louie thang?)
His ECU mod thread "petered out" when he couldnt get his tuner/tech to explain what was done to raise his rev limiter without a "stand-alone"
http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2194
In all my years I've seen all sorts of BS bench-racing, so I always err on the side of "vaporware" until proven otherwise.
WopOnTour

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Ya, I'm real curious. Either people are being greedy, and keeping to themselves, or people are lying...

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Ya, I'm real curious. Either people are being greedy, and keeping to themselves, or people are lying...
I agree, If I found a way to do something or a new mod I'd tell everyone about it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry...

Sorry for the lack of proof, i'll ask the guy to bring it to work on monday. But as for the ECU crack thing...he has a custom pulley job on it. He made the supercharger pulley smaller and made the tensioner bigger to keep the same belt. He doesn't have a boost gauge but judging by the dyno, the pulley had to have done something and had to have gone over 12 psi. I'll ask him about specifics, he probably has some answers.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts