Discussion Starter #1
here is a link

2.0 s/c

mmmmmm.......

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all i can say is this better be part of the RL competition package as well! haven't found the article yet, but it sounds as though this is achieved without so much as a header, so that means if there isn't one, a header will unleash even more power from this baby! i wish i knew more, i guess we can wait until tommorow, so close, yet so far!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Oh baby!!!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
As of right now those parts are going to be made for the Cobalt SS. Hopefully they make them available for Saturn, otherwise it will suck. I know they are the same engines and stuff, but it is nice to have it be a Saturn specific part. Because I can then get a damn good hook up, lol...

Here are some pics of what the souped up SS Cobalt will look like:

Tom

·
Registered
125 Posts
Honestly, I think the Redline is a much sharper looking car.

I don't care if they're for the Cobalt or not, I'll take what I can get. :D

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Of course, all the engine parts will work with either car but when you start getting into aftermarket body upgrades like that scoop hood, I'd be willing to bet that only the Cobalt will benefit in that market. :(

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we'll the competition package for the RL was supposed to have some visual upgrades as well as the boost gauge and tach, so they're obviously planning on something, maybe we'll get pics tommorow, and can only hope that the RL will be getting the same treatment as the cobalt, considering i've heard rumors of saturn going more upscale (e.g., olds), and the saturn kappa roadster will more than likely be more upscale that the solstice!

maybe i'm rambling on, but i think that this may result in the RL getting the upgrades the cobalt will be, as it's starting to get a good rep (at least by me!), people are always asking, is that the Red Line?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Katiemarie said:
Honestly, I think the Redline is a much sharper looking car.

I don't care if they're for the Cobalt or not, I'll take what I can get. :D
so do I, no offense to the cobalt guys, it's nice, but looks way to much like a civic for my tastes, although i do believe it is a very nice step up from the cavi

·
Registered
125 Posts
Vita said:
so do I, no offense to the cobalt guys, it's nice, but looks way to much like a civic for my tastes, although i do believe it is a very nice step up from the cavi
Yeah, to me it looks like it can't decide if it wants to be a Cavalier, or a Civic.

·
Registered
293 Posts
270 would be cake with just a good ECU tune and some basic bolt-ons. I'm sure of it. Saturn has detuned this car for whatever reasons, and it's got plenty of power waiting to be opened up.

ECU reprogramming, CAI, catback (maybe), and I can almost guarantee 260+ at the crank.

·
Registered
187 Posts
that cobalt looks pretty good, but i still prefer my redline. that cobalt just reminds me of a faster caviler! just hopefully we get some fringe benefits from the hp upgrades it has!

·
Registered
201 Posts
At first glance I liked the cobalt. Then I went back and looked again. It looks.. tacky.

I mean I know the center exhaust is cool and the tails look nice but the body kit looks like it was stapled on and the hood scoop looks flat out "JP whitney". Like they superglued it on there or something.

I'm glad they eaked an additional 30 or so hp to the wheels out of it but to be honest it doesn't surprise me much. GM loves to let saturn do the research and then one up them so they never sell anything. Hopefully saturn can jump back in the game with some upgrades of their own. If not, we're going to have to do it ourselves (which at least saturn provided us a solid platform to do it on).

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LD9poweredZ24 said:
at least there's no wack ass toyota echo like center gauges. i gotta say the regular ion is one of the ugliest and biggest pos on the road. :confused:
your posts are more than useless

·
Registered
187 Posts
I happen to be a fan of the center gauges. It's awesome to have them in the same line of sight as the side mirrors and not having to look through the stearing wheel.

hey at least one thing, when the cobalts come out, the redline owners will have a couple months of driving experience with the redline vs. the brand new cobalt drivers.

·
Registered
187 Posts
garland said:
At first glance I liked the cobalt. Then I went back and looked again. It looks.. tacky.

I mean I know the center exhaust is cool and the tails look nice but the body kit looks like it was stapled on and the hood scoop looks flat out "JP whitney". Like they superglued it on there or something.

I'm glad they eaked an additional 30 or so hp to the wheels out of it but to be honest it doesn't surprise me much. GM loves to let saturn do the research and then one up them so they never sell anything. Hopefully saturn can jump back in the game with some upgrades of their own. If not, we're going to have to do it ourselves (which at least saturn provided us a solid platform to do it on).

good call the hood scoop does look straight out of jc whitney!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts