Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have one set of keys but would like a back-up set with a FOB.

According to EBay sellers, the key number for a 2005 is 21170863. Is that correct? Ebay sellers say that the keys do not need to be programed engage the ignition. Is that correct?

According to Ebay sellers, the FOB for a 2005 is 22675165. According to a similar post I found on this Forum, the part number is 10357131. Which is correct? I've programmed a FOB for my Vette before (see procedure below for a Vette). Does anybody know the process to program a FOB on a 2005 RL?

FOB Programming Procedure for Corvette (not Ion RL):
1. Turn the ignition to ON
2. Turn the radio to OFF
3. Press the RESET button on the Driver Information Center (DIC) in order to clear any IPC warning messages.
4. Press and release the OPTIONS button on the DIC to scroll through the display options unitl the IPC display is BLANK
5. Press and hold the RESET button 3 seconds
6. Press the OPTIONS button until FOB TRAINING message is displayed.
7. Press the RESET button in order to begin the programming sequence. The message HOLD LK + UNLK 1ST FOB will be displayed
8. Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the first transmitter for 15 seconds. The IPC will indicate when that transmitter is programmed and when to procede to the next. Repeat this procedure for each additional transmitter or press OPTIONS button to exit.

10,144 Posts
go to your dealer they really don't rip you off too much on it, you'll pay close to what you would off of ebay, for the physical key atleast. got mine key and cut for like 9 bucks.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
go to your dealer they really don't rip you off too much on it, you'll pay close to what you would off of ebay, for the physical key atleast. got mine key and cut for like 9 bucks.
what do you think about the Key Fob? If I buy that from the dealer they will probably charge $50 for new. I can buy it used for about $12. Any idea how to program it?

I looked at my key fob and it has the part number right on it: 22675165

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
get the key cut at the dealer for 9 bucks and buy the key fob wherever. go to the dealer to get it programmed......tell them you replaced the battery and it still didn't work....they'll do it for free :)

·
Registered
7,304 Posts
i bought 2 used "saturn ion" fobs off ebay, took them to my friends gm dealer and he programmed both of them with the tech-2. you must take it to a dealer to be programmed, can't do it yourself

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I got a key cut at a local security lock and key place for just over 3 bucks and it works better than the keys that came from GM...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts