Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed the car and cleaned her inside and out today. She was looking damn sharp, I might add.

Still had about an hour before I had to go pick up my kids so what else do I do besides go and look for some illegal fun on the streets. ;)

First car was a Trans Am WS6. Bad mofo. We met at a light and I told him he had a sweet ass ride. He said thanks. As soon as the light changed, we both gunned it. Of course, by now you've realized that this is the race that I lost. :p Stayed with him through first and part of second and after that he pulled a good 3 or 4 lengths on me and the race was pretty much over. At the next light he did compliment my car by saying, "that's a quick little Saturn."

Next race, a ZX3. I saw this guy hauling ass up ahead of me. I quickly catch up to him and he guns it as soon as we meet up. Starting from about a 65mph roll. I had no problems pulling away from this guy. It was pretty bad. He didn't even look over at me after that. :D

Next up, I see a Grand Am in my rearview. I know it's gonna be on because he had a double scoop (nostril type) hood. I slow down and let him catch up. I see he has a bunch of ricer looking stickers all over his car. I look over at him and give a few good revs. He just looked at me and laughed me off. I then nodded at him like, "let's go then." As soon as he saw I was serious, he hit the gas. We started at about a 55mph roll. I EASILY walked him by about 5 or 6 car lengths. At first I thought he wasn't trying but when I hit my brakes and checked my rearview I could see he was hauling balls trying to catch me. :D Anyhow, I waved and he waved back and we went seperate ways entering the freeway.

Good fun this racing stuff is. :) I love the fact that Saturns are known as slugs. I mean, the dude in the Grand Am was just laughing at the fact that I was challenging him and then got his ass handed to him. Gotta love that.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Get a decent pully and have more fun. I think a 3.15" was a waste of the work of changing it from the stock 3.35". These Eatons can take more than they originally thought.
Next spring it's 2.8" for me. Anything smaller is just too inefficient imo

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Good Job man.... Tupperware can fly, can't it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts