Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer down the street from me has 3 SS cobalt's and they have been there for three weeks.I thought this was the hottest thing going and I am shocked they are not sold.I check out the cobalt ss forum and there does not seem to be a lot going on over there either.Is the interest dwindling on this car now that it has been released or does it cater to a much younger car crowd and that is the only people that will buy it.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I have not seen a single one yet.

I *MIGHT* have seen one today, but I can't be sure. Didn't have the big wing if it was one...

·
Registered
943 Posts
I think that they were hoping that young buyers would be into this, but GM may have overestimated the buying power of todays youth. They were aiming for the "tuner" crowd, but the "tuners" already have things out there that have a huge following, even factory followings that make gm look dumb about there own product. The tuner cars that people buy new already have more power than the SS/Redline, as in WRX, EVO, SRT... But we have squat from GM to add to this car. And the aftermarket is slow to come around.

The younger buys that maybe they were hoping for are not able to go and drop 20k+ on a new vehicle and many that can't wil be buying used imports and working on them, as the parts are there and the initial cost is low. The one on the lot near me is still there after a few weeks.

GM, give us some support, and maybe there will be a longer future for this car! Don't release show cars that make 270 horsepower, but not let the consumer have access to the same product.

Just my thoughts anyway...

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have seen one on the road. And living in/around the "Motor City" seems like there would be alot more...especially since everyone and their dad works for GM around here.

Anyways, yes, the spoiler on the Cobalt is almost exactly the same as the RL, very very very slight differences. I had a thread on the Cobalt forum with pics comparing my aerowing with that of one on the Cobalt. I deleted the pics I had or else I would post it here...

**Ok, I went and found the pics...**

Attachments

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
magikal_dragon said:
I have seen one on the road. And living in/around the "Motor City" seems like there would be alot more...especially since everyone and their dad works for GM around here.

Anyways, yes, the spoiler on the Cobalt is almost exactly the same as the RL, very very very slight differences. I had a thread on the Cobalt forum with pics comparing my aerowing with that of one on the Cobalt. I deleted the pics I had or else I would post it here...

**Ok, I went and found the pics...**
I actually like the rims on that red Cobalt in that pic, more than the ones that come with it.

·
Registered
556 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
SatredL said:
Hey!!!! Kia stole our spoiler,WTF is going on here??That's just not right!!
They steal ideas from almost every manufactuer there is!!! My husband is the Site Administrator for Valeo in Auburn Hills and I guess last month in France there was a Kia employee who snuck in and was trying to get blueprints and stuff from the engineers!!!

Oh, BTW, Valeo makes alot of nifty things for vehicles. if you look on the back of your remote lock/unlock/trunk keyring, it should say VALEO with a bunch of numbers on it... ;)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Everytime I see that car it reminds me of that commercial.............KKKKK KKKKK KKKKKK KIA.............Kia Pet.......makes a great gift.........

I think buying someone a Chia-pet (or a kia for that matter :p) is a quick way to get on their shit-list :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
SatredL said:
Wow, it does! You know if they steal enough of the best stuff from everybody they might come up with decent car.
hahahahaha - I seriously doubt it. I mean it may look ok but it will still have the engine and tranny of a Kia-Pet (ha that is great, never heard it before)

My husbands ex-wife has one and that causes me to hate them even more :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts