Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm driving home from the movies last night and this guy come hauling up on me. I see in sideview mirror it's a black 3000 GT. I then mentally prepared to get spanked by this car as he pulls up next to me and revs.

I see him punch it out of the corner of my eye and since we are going 60 I pop her in third and go WOT!!!!!

What? Wait a second here. I'm pulling pretty damn good on this guy. By the time I begin fourth I'm about two cars up on this guy. :confused:

Holy shit. Just to make sure he didn't **** up when driving I tap my brakes and let him catch up. He slows down next to me and we go again from about 55 or 60. Same results. I'm pulling real strong on the guy.

So, I slow down and let him pass so I can see if he has any badges to identify what type of 3000 this it. First thing I notice is his dual tip, dual exhausts. Then I see on the right side above the tail light it says "SL". I'm not up on my Mitsu so maybe someone can help ID the car for me.

I catch back up to him and he thinks I wanna go again and punches it. I do NOT follow because the next 2 mile stretch of road is notorious for speed traps. He slows down realizing I'm not racing. He gets off the freeway and we exchange a big thumbs up for a good run.

Definitely a fun race and I thought I was gonna get smoked. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was suprised I did not get waxed because he came up reving on me. I thought for sure it was gonna be one of the twin turbo's and just spank me.

Pleasant suprise for me, bad suprise for him, I guess. :p

·
Registered
173 Posts
Those cars are also VERY heavy, Not sure the GVW but I know its high.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
JPK said:
I was suprised I did not get waxed because he came up reving on me. I thought for sure it was gonna be one of the twin turbo's and just spank me.

Pleasant suprise for me, bad suprise for him, I guess. :p
He was out 'trolling', looking for an easy kill on a Saturn, and BAM... probably went home and smacked his girl around afterwards... ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sp00ner said:
He was out 'trolling', looking for an easy kill on a Saturn, and BAM... probably went home and smacked his girl around afterwards... ;)
:D

Yeah, it was either a base model or an SL: both of which have a 222 h.p./205 tq DOHC V6: good for about mid-low 15's in the 1/4. Now in '97, the base models were had with a shitty SOHC V6 that only put out 160 h.p. (not sure of torque) that was basically an abysmal engine for anything, so it could have also been that one.

Either way, good kill. My mom had a red '94 3000GT SL 5speed (sold Jul '03 with only 34K miles on it) and that thing was honestly a blast to drive. You could definitely feel the weight of the car, but it still had good pull to it. Sure my WS6 would destroy that thing performance-wise, but it was a fun car to drive around in, and it looked damn good too. I honestly do miss that car...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sp00ner said:

I love it when people try to chalk up an easy kill on ole Black Betty only to end up on the recieving end of the spank.

Maybe that's why I have seen an increasing number of women around here with black eyes. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts