Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove down from Levittown, PA to Ocean City, MD (and back) this past weekend. Ended up with 337.2 Miles to the tank. What's your best so far?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
with header i assume?

my best has been ~285 or so, but i got 260 with the CAI on, so i'm hoping road trips will get better from here

·
Registered
808 Posts
i squeezed 334 miles out of it one time but most of the time around 270 to 280 a tank

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
The best I have gotten has been 450km (about 281 miles). My car has yet to see a highway and this is all city driving with lots of lights and hard accelleration (I try not to, to save gas...doesn't work).

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I'm a lead foot and am lucky to squeeze 250 miles out of tank sometimes.

My best was about 276, all highway with the CC set.

·
Registered
296 Posts
SilverBulletRL said:
Drove down from Levittown, PA to Ocean City, MD (and back) this past weekend. Ended up with 337.2 Miles to the tank. What's your best so far?
How much fuel was left in the tank? How many gallons to refill?

I've gotten around 285-290 (essentially) all highway, at 80+ mph.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Best i've gotten was around 280 or so...mostly highway with that one. I'm hoping after i get some performance parts that ill get better. 330 would be awesome

·
Registered
524 Posts
348 miles. Normally get 270 plus and going over the 300 mark isn't uncommon for me...

Tom

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just to comfirm, we are talking about tank mileage of Redlines... NOT any other model Saturn....

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Best i've gotten was around 280 or so...mostly highway with that one. I'm hoping after i get some performance parts that ill get better. 330 would be awesome
I agree certain parts can help mileage, but dont count on it, it will make cooler sounds and to make them will reguire hard acceleration. Believe me it will suffer atleast until you get used to the addictive sound.

·
Registered
524 Posts
jmichna said:
Just to comfirm, we are talking about tank mileage of Redlines... NOT any other model Saturn....
If anyone thinks otherwise they are pretty retarded. But I guess you do have somewhat of a point...

Tom

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Louballs:
Anything that you put on that makes more power, uses more gas. To make more power, you need more air, and more fuel to compensate. Even if you have to push the gas pedal down a little less, you're still using the same amount of fuel to go 60mph...

I get around 20-25, but I have a lot of heavy accel, and stop and go traffic.... the few days that I've driven it alot, that didn't involve a rush-hour commute, I get around 27ish....

·
Registered
291 Posts
i do drive all city or a short 3mini highway run to work and get about 18mpg but if i go long distance i can get 25mpg

·
Registered
384 Posts
I drive lots of highway miles and the best mileage is 27mpg.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I hav a big led foot and 300 pounds of stereo stuff. Anyways if I am lucky I will get maybe 215 miles on a tank full all city driving. If I use the highway about 300. Just can't keep my foot off the gas.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I dont' have my header installed yet...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts