Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
4 sale forged and built 2.4l LE5 Ecotec bottom end!

I have for sale the stroker crank from a 2.4l Ecotec LE5 engine as well as the pistons and rods, these parts have less than 10k miles on them and are in great condition. Also for sale the 2.4l VVT head as well as the composite intake manifold and DBW throttle body. I am building a 2.4 race engine and have these parts left over. These parts can be used in the 2.0 or 2.2l ecotecs to create a stroker engine. email or PM for more info.

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
heard it talked about alot before... but what is a stroker engine? i thought that shit was for big motors

·
Registered
8,036 Posts
RandD said:
the crank has a longer stroke so it effectively increases engine displacement.
Right, just like how EVOs will go from their stock 2.0L to a 2.3L on strokers, right? What will this do for us though? Less boost with equal power? Wouldn't it be pretty much the same as getting a 2.4L ECOTEC and building that up?

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
oh... cool. sounds expensive

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the 2.4 has a vvt head,the lsj ecm cant control the vvt. im selling the crank, rods and pistons so someone can get there block bored out to accept the 2.4 pistons OR the can do a hybrid and retain the 2.0 pistons,rods etc and come up with approx 2.3l of displacement. The bottom mains girdle on the 2.4 is beefed up as well and I can include that in the sale as well.

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
vandy0419 said:
Right, just like how EVOs will go from their stock 2.0L to a 2.3L on strokers, right? What will this do for us though? Less boost with equal power? Wouldn't it be pretty much the same as getting a 2.4L ECOTEC and building that up?
heres the best way to look at it when it comes to stroking your motor and such. theres no replacement for displacement. :D thats what it does.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can sell the entire short block with 10/1 forged pistons already installed and also include the 8.8/1's, head studs and race gasket and you get the machining done to bore .020 over and balance the assembly for the 8.8 or.... I can get all of it machined balanced etc and you'd have a lower compression forged bottom end ready to go. PM me and we can work out the details.

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
Damn RandD...what do you do for a living (im assuming its in automotive R&D)?...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
socalsilverRL said:
Damn RandD...what do you do for a living (im assuming its in automotive R&D)?...
on the side and as a hobby yes... but i have developed a ton of performance and aesthetic parts for other companies. My thing is whenever i purchase a car I don't wait for an aftermarket I start sourcing and designing parts myself, many times a tuner will like what they see and distribute and support the items. Much of what i do is custom machined and/or professionally fabricated so its just as easy to make 1 as it is 25 once its been put in the CNC or jigged up.

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
hell yea... thats awesome. I just wish i had access to that type of machinery...im still trying to find somone with a blast furnace...so i can make my own intake/exhaust, for a top secret project...lol...

·
=[ÜBER MODERATOR]=
9,520 Posts
socalsilverRL said:
hell yea... thats awesome. I just wish i had access to that type of machinery...im still trying to find somone with a blast furnace...so i can make my own intake/exhaust, for a top secret project...lol...
blast fuirnace is not that hard to make....

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
my gf's dad has one...im just lazy...he also has a cnc machine...but again, im a lazy...(and kinda broke)

·
=[ÜBER MODERATOR]=
9,520 Posts
socalsilverRL said:
my gf's dad has one...im just lazy...he also has a cnc machine...but again, im a lazy...(and kinda broke)
Also, you can make an intake from cast aliminum whihc is MUCH easier to make a furnase for. no need for the 'blost' which is air through the entire thing

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
NR said:
Also, you can make an intake from cast aliminum whihc is MUCH easier to make a furnase for. no need for the 'blost' which is air through the entire thing
thats the plan...i thought you needed a blast furnace to melt the aluminum..... im thinking of making a foam mold of the intake mani so it'll fit to a **** *****...lol

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
socalsilverRL said:
thats the plan...i thought you needed a blast furnace to melt the aluminum..... im thinking of making a foam mold of the intake mani so it'll fit to a **** *****...lol
One of those words was "hair", wasn't it.

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
sshhhhhhhh!...dont give it away...(no its not hair...)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts