Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
RandD said:
I am going to be selling the entire built and balanced 2.4 bottom end instead of just the crank. the internals consist of:

forged connectiing rods
forged 8.8/1 pistons with coated skirts
block bored .020 over and professionally bored, honed and balanced
head studs
high performance head gasket

the crank is the same mettalurgy as the lsj but the bottom end is strengthened over the LSJ with approx 4 lbs more casting in strategic spots as per GM information. all head studs and coolant/oil passages are in the same locations. this is my spare engine and I have an exact duplicate in my turbo solstice. LSJ owners would need to transfer required pulleys to this block for supercharger etc and possibly some sensors. Its a little over 20% increase in displacement with the overbore.:hungry:
so what your saying is that melecularly it will behave the same as the "forged Crank" in the LSJ though it's not forged? What kind of HP will it handle then? I heard the LSJ crank is good to 600 BHP.

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
JackD said:
I hope you get this mike. That way I can see it in person!
theres no need to hope brother its coming. :) its not going to be anything special on the outside infact its going to look just like a normal LSJ its whats on the inside that counts. ;)

41 - 45 of 45 Posts