Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to the local 1/8 mile track recently, only decent kill was this modded mustang. i had traction issuses all night but i think because i had my snow tires on. i just swapped my dunlops over and will post up and let you guys know im planning a meet to a full quarter mile track in wny :)

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
SoCo Lime said:
i went to the local 1/8 mile track recently, only decent kill was this modded mustang. i had traction issuses all night but i think because i had my snow tires on. i just swapped my dunlops over and will post up and let you guys know im planning a meet to a full quarter mile track in wny :)

no offense..but just cuz i have a pic where u are ahead for a second doesnt really make me believe u killed it. Not saying u didnt, just doest really qualify for me :cool:

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I think it's a pic of the finish line, isn't it? I see that checkered flag in the pic... hey at least there's a pic...

·
Registered
150 Posts
How modded was this 5.0? I can see beating a stock A4 (Ford autos were poo poo), but depending on how modified it was, I can see it being a little sketchy, especially since it's only an 1/8 mile track: meaning the 5.0 should easily outlaunch the FWD RedLine, and if the RL was faster on the top end atleast, it'd have catching up to do, but I can't see it doing so within the first 1/8 mile unless heavily modded itself.

I believe you beat the driver, but a properly driven modded 5.0 should have no problems running ahead of an RL the whole 1/8th. I'm not trying to start a flame war, believe me, just tryin' to be a bit realistic. But good kill, and that's actually a pretty sweet pic. The RL looks pretty mean at that angle, especially compared to the 5.0's front end.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
if he was that close in the 1/8th he would have owned you in the 1/4 sorry but hes got a lot of torque to carry him past you and beyond you any more distance and you would have lost.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Ok I'm going to have to call B.S. on this one too, when I study the picture it looks as if the mustang has on his fog lamps AND his turn signal markers on. NO WAY you are going to beat a 5.0 mustang with BOTH his fog lights AND his turn signals turned on. I was reading in Motor Trend magazine where it states that if you use foglamps to heat the air directly in front of a moving car (especially one like the 5.0) that it is good for atleast 500 extra HP to the rear wheels. Something to do with thermal dynamics I think, I didn't finish reading the article since I finished pinching a loaf and got a call from Sarah Michelle Gellar, I can breathe through my ears and she wanted me to.....But I digress. In all seriousness though, why are so many idiots so eager to jump on board and doubt someone and their kill stories? I read these things and yeah some I think to myself "hmmm that sounds like a bunch of shit". I think what's more pathetic is coming on here and trying to call everyone out. Its like you've been pushed around all your life in the real world so you have to come in here to try and build yourself back up. I think for the most part we are all (well maybe not ALL of us) intelligent enough to know when someone's full of shit. We can all appreciate everyone's attempts at trying to "set the record straight" but I think its starting to reach levels of ignorance previously never before seen. Maybe its time everyone found some new shtick? Oh and just "for the record" I really can't breathe through my ears ;) Oh and good kill :cool:

·
Registered
289 Posts
TXRLU said:
Ok I'm going to have to call B.S. on this one too, when I study the picture it looks as if the mustang has on his fog lamps AND his turn signal markers on. NO WAY you are going to beat a 5.0 mustang with BOTH his fog lights AND his turn signals turned on. I was reading in Motor Trend magazine where it states that if you use foglamps to heat the air directly in front of a moving car (especially one like the 5.0) that it is good for atleast 500 extra HP to the rear wheels. Something to do with thermal dynamics I think, I didn't finish reading the article since I finished pinching a loaf and got a call from Sarah Michelle Gellar, I can breathe through my ears and she wanted me to.....But I digress. In all seriousness though, why are so many idiots so eager to jump on board and doubt someone and their kill stories? I read these things and yeah some I think to myself "hmmm that sounds like a bunch of shit". I think what's more pathetic is coming on here and trying to call everyone out. Its like you've been pushed around all your life in the real world so you have to come in here to try and build yourself back up. I think for the most part we are all (well maybe not ALL of us) intelligent enough to know when someone's full of shit. We can all appreciate everyone's attempts at trying to "set the record straight" but I think its starting to reach levels of ignorance previously never before seen. Maybe its time everyone found some new shtick? Oh and just "for the record" I really can't breathe through my ears ;) Oh and good kill :cool:
You need some counseling dude. I love this site! You crack me up! ;)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
did the mustang have any spped holes (rust spots) or boost stickers (gaudy brand stcikers) you know those are good for another 35hp per sticker right??? thats right kids load those cars up with all those stickers then go to the track you will be unbeatable!!!!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
zfactor said:
did the mustang have any spped holes (rust spots) or boost stickers (gaudy brand stcikers) you know those are good for another 35hp per sticker right??? thats right kids load those cars up with all those stickers then go to the track you will be unbeatable!!!!!

ummm u must have them confused with ricers my friend, they do the sticker thing, well maybe some v6 stangs might do that too, ill give u that. If this was an auto ragged out 5.0 with mods like CAI and flowmaster mufflers then its not impossible at all..but a modded 5 speed in good condition...dont know about that

·
Registered
248 Posts
Stock for Stock, assuming the 5.0 is in good running condition, they have very similar 1/4 times. It's easier to get constant times in a 5.0 than the redline simply because of RWD. I completely believe this kill, but would like to know what mods were done to the 5.0? Also if it was an Auto, you should've completely killed the 5.0, those things sucked soo much power. The 5 speeds respond much better, and simple mods to a 5.0 actually gain good power-full exhaust (no cats), Mass air meter, Throttle body, and some gears will really wake them up and get low 14's-depending on gearing. Once you start with intake manifolds, roller rockers, your in the 13's, change the heads and your deep in the 12's. Either way, good run but I'd like to know more about the cars!

·
Registered
89 Posts
thats lancaster right???? bomb kill! i still dont know if i can hit up that1/4 mile meet but im trying to get out of an athletic event.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
bikeluver43 said:
Stock for Stock, assuming the 5.0 is in good running condition, they have very similar 1/4 times. It's easier to get constant times in a 5.0 than the redline simply because of RWD. I completely believe this kill, but would like to know what mods were done to the 5.0? Also if it was an Auto, you should've completely killed the 5.0, those things sucked soo much power. The 5 speeds respond much better, and simple mods to a 5.0 actually gain good power-full exhaust (no cats), Mass air meter, Throttle body, and some gears will really wake them up and get low 14's-depending on gearing. Once you start with intake manifolds, roller rockers, your in the 13's, change the heads and your deep in the 12's. Either way, good run but I'd like to know more about the cars!
Assuming the car is in good running condition is the biggest part to me. I've seen more old 5.0s that are not in good shape anymore. I mean, that's an old car at this point. True, there are many out there in good shape, owned by enthusiasts, but there's at least as many oil burning, blown ring having, right rear shock blown, creaking 5.0s out there too...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts