Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was out takin a friend for a rip up the local "strip" listning to my stereo (just got the sub wiring fixed and working properly (SNAFU dont ask...) anyways, come up at a light with this truck on my right ... we go, and get up to 50 (all speeds in this are in kilometers an hour, i'm a canuck.) and he starts doing toe taps once in a while, so me and my friend start sizing him up, looking at what it is ... i give a couple toe taps as well, and you can see him (and his passenger) looking over, laughing a bit, thinking its "just a saturn" ... then he waves me off like he's king shit ... i was a bit worked up already so this annoyed me a bit, so i revved it up and dropped it into second to put a little distance between us .... he comes up to us again at the next like and is like "not bad. ... whats in there for a motor?" ... so being a jackass, all i say is (2 liters.) he laughs HARD, says something to his buddy, revs his motor a bit and is like yea well i've got 5.2. and gives her a little gas. now this particular night theres about a billion cops out, tons of traffic, so next light I tell him if he wants to race and show me what is "big bad V8" can do we can take it out of town ... he of course gets a big ******* grin on his face and say sure my funeral ... fast forward.

We get out to the end of the strip where it turns into the highway, and line up at the last light (it happens to be green at the time lol) ... his friend says "so, how long are we racing for?" "untill there is a winner" so my friend counts us off, and he spins bad in first, I decide to take it easy in first (no torque brace yet...) and shift into second nice and hard ... i spin a bit... at this point we are both dead even, as soon as its settled into second gear i start waving goodbye, put about 2 car lengths on him and shut it down .... the guy looked like he'd seen a ghost when i started pulling away from him :)

Long story short, moose hates cocky people who drive trucks.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nice kill, bro! That is the thing I love most about our cars, no one knows what we are and they always underestimate us! I get that same sort of thing here. A couple of weeks ago, my wife and I were driving home from a movie. Our route takes us along the strip where all the kids hang out. A couple of kids in full size Chevy's were screwing around with each other as they pulled up to the light I was stopped at. The road is three lanes wide with me in the middle. We all were first at the light. The two kids were revving their trucks back in forth, so I joined in. The passenger in the truck to my left said to the driver "Dude, I that car wants to race" as they both laughed.

Well the light turned and all three of us were going for it. But by mid second gear it wasn't a race. I shut down at 45 mph with both of them fully behind me. At the next light they all just stared straight ahead. No one would look at me. Score! Two asshats in one race!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts