Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to get 91 octane in metro detroit??? Preferably the Troy-Rochester area. All the gas stations I frequent go from 87 to 89 to 93...not that it matters saving the whole big dollar every fill up...I'm just curious if anyone sells the 91.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I don't know about out there, but I know that every Speedway in Livingston County sells 91 octane. Why do you want 91 octane instead of 93? For reference, the 91 at Speedway costs $0.10 MORE than the 93 at the BP about 5 miles away.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't really want to use it, it was more of me just wondering if anyone sells it. I thought I use to see it, back in the days of my old car and using 87. I'll be sticking to the 93 with this car though. I tested out using 89 a month back for a few fillups, and didn't really notice any performance decrease. The gas mileage was the same as I'm getting now, maybe a little lower, since I vary from 24-26 mpg every fillup. So saving that buck isn't really worth it.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
No come to think of it I never see 91, that is why I always put 93 in. Thank god for the gas milage or it would piss me off.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
yup, speedway around here sells 91 only too. spring for the 93, you're better off. this is a performance car designed for better octane

1 - 7 of 7 Posts