Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before any one tells me that this is BS. Please keep in mind anything is possible on the street.

I had to change the oil on the 540i and only having 4 ltrs of Mobil 1 oil on hand. Quick trip to Canadian Tire was warranted. Walking into my garage a decision had to be made, 540i or the M3. Since I had to change the oil on the 540i, M3 it is.
Leaving Canadian Tire with 16Ltrs of Mobil1 oil in the trunk dreading the thought going under the car and changing the oil. However this must be done.
Coming to a intersection and hoping to make it through before the light turns red. I don’t like to sit too long with engine at idle at a light with outside temperatures over 32c.
Waiting for the light to turn green I’m watching the oil temperature needle climbing.
Glancing to my right I notice a blue motorcycle with a female passenger approaching the intersection. The bike runs the red light and who can blame him I would not want to be sitting at a intersection with all of that heat coming from the engine. After a few more intersections I’m sitting right behind the R1 admiring the rear of the bike and my eyes are focused more on the rear of the passenger.
We both turn right and are heading in the same direction. Switching into the right lane I pull up besides the R1, the driver glances at me. Being a motorcycle rider myself I glance back at him and nod my head, he replies. We come to the first of many stop signs. Looking to my left and right with no traffic I proceeded through the intersection with the R1 by my side. Holding the M3 in 1st gear a lot longer then I should and shifting into 2nd, letting the bike pilot know that there is some serious stuff lurking under the hood. He glances over at the hood wondering what the F*** is under his hood. The noises coming from underneath sounds like a Hoover on steroids, with a loud whining sound that of a jet fighter. Followed by an overwhelming “Tornado” sound coming from the rear. He stops shifting his bike and holds her steady in 2nd. With a slight blip of the throttle the bike lurches forward.
Now I’m thinking to myself, being a motorcycle rider, the R1 is a very potent machine and is very wheelie prone in 1st, 2nd and sometimes in 3rd gear. My M3 is a very capable machine however it’s no match for the R1. Approaching the last stop sign before the 400’ entrance on the highway I thought if he is going straight why not.
To my delight he lined up beside me and his engine is revving higher then usual. Both he and the passenger are leaning forward. Exchanging glances we both nod and are anxiously waiting for the last vehicle to pass the intersection.
Glancing at my gauges all the needles are pointing in the right direction, click on my computer, everything reads fine. Both leaving the line at a slow roll, he is probably waiting for me to lead. Without hesitation I’m on WOT, the supercharger ramming air into the air hungry engine. I hear the R1 come to life, glancing into my right side view mirror I can see that the R1’s front wheel is of the ground. 5000 Rpm comes quickly I shift into 2nd the bike is now 1 car length back. 4000,4500,5000,5500,6000,6500,7000 shift into 3rd the bike is a good 2 or 3 car lengths back and not gaining any ground. Approaching to the entrance on the highway I glance in my rear view mirror with the bike still way back activating my flashers letting him know that I’m slowing down. Merging on to the highway the bike pulls up besides me honks his horn and proceeds to go on his merry way.

Now I know it’s hard to believe that I beat an R1, however the race was in my favor.
How? You may ask.
1) Extra weight for the bike.
2) This is the most important one. The R1 is very prone to wheelies and with more weight over the rear wheel by the passenger this has multiplied the condition. The rider could not use more then 40% of his throttle in 1st and 50 % of his 2nd gear. 3rd gear he might have been able to use about 75% of his throttle. If we got into 4th and with WOT he would have passed.

I usually hate traffic on the QEW especially on Sundays. This time I was delighted to see lot's of traffic.
1997 540i 6 Speed
1998 Ford E350 Turbodiesel
2000 Yamaha 125 Dirt Bike
2000 GSXR 750 A Race Bike
2001 GSXR 750 B Race Bike
2002 GSXR 600 Telefonica SE
2003 Yamaha R6

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
ok well ... maybe..... wanna race my modded zx10r we'll see if you can keep up???

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
??????????????? WHERE did this come from? No comprendo, amigo. ????????????

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
you won cus of wind resistance! i too have won to a bike but it was a GSX the best one, is that a r1 :confused: dunno anyway he said not bad :p beat him by a car before he let off (stupid girl :mad: ) i got props o well

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
zfactor said:
ok well ... maybe..... wanna race my modded zx10r we'll see if you can keep up???
Give me a break. What's your ZX10R got to do with my post.
Let me guess, if that was you on your bike with a passanger the outcome would have been different. I guess Kawasaki has finally got their suspension tweaked so well that under 100% throttle through the 1st and 2nd gear the front wheel won't leave the ground.
If the R1 had no passanger I would not even try to race him, it would be useless.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cvenom2122 said:
you won cus of wind resistance! i too have won to a bike but it was a GSX the best one, is that a r1 :confused: dunno anyway he said not bad :p beat him by a car before he let off (stupid girl :mad: ) i got props o well
I won because he could not use full throttle due to the additional weight over his rear wheel. This made the bike wheelie prone.
To beat an R1 with a 3200 pound car on a highway you would have to be pushing well over 650RWHP. My car only produces 390RWHP.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
if it was a good rider and someone on the back who knew what the were doing on the rear of the bike they still would smoke that car, sorry i have been on bikes all my life, even with me on the back of my buddy's r1 i dont see there being much of a chance. the r1 is potent but the zx10r will smoke the r1, been proven. i can usually even take the busas unless they are turbo'ed or nos equipped. i guess it depends on how heavy the rear rider was, if they were like 300lbs then yeah i can see this but a normal 150 lbs will not take that much away to slow the bike down that much. mybe he was just being careful. either way you beat it so...... but i would like to see a good rider on the bike is all im saying. sorry to come off wrong i just dont think that they were that good of riders. i race at jennings and have been on willow springs etc.... and just get well you know when people say they "beat a r1" you got to have some serious work done to do it with only one rider and still some work with 2 riders if they are good riders.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Hey, guess what. No one cares! **** you and your M3 owning troll ass. What in the world would make you think anyone here gives a dead rat's red ass about it? Get the **** outta here, and take your BS elsewhere.

Yea, and after I changed my oil, I smoked the holy hell out of a low flying 747... now just to let you know, they're pretty slow off the line... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Sp00ner said:
Hey, guess what. No one cares! **** you and your M3 owning troll ass. What in the world would make you think anyone here gives a dead rat's red ass about it? Get the **** outta here, and take your BS elsewhere.

Yea, and after I changed my oil, I smoked the holy hell out of a low flying 747... now just to let you know, they're pretty slow off the line... :rolleyes:

First of all, what makes you think I, my daughter or son don't own a Redline. The reson being on this site is to learn more about the Saturn Redline.
Second of all I have just as much right on this site as you do.

Why can't we all get along?
I know why, because you are still in dipers.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Darkness95M3 said:
First of all, what makes you think I or my daughter or son don't own a Redline. The reson being on this site is to learn more about the Saturn Redline.

Why can't we all get along?
I know why, because you are still in dipers.
No, you just can't get the fact that Spooner owned you. And maybe an introduction would have been a more appropriate way to get yourself into the forums. "Hi, my name's Ted, I own an M3, was looking at a Redline for my kids, looking for feedback" is a lot better than "HOLY HOT DAMN, my hot shit M3 wasted an R1, and this is completely out of left field!"

Let's think about this logically here folks: if your first post is in the "Kills" section, you're a troll.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
No, you just can't get the fact that Spooner owned you. And maybe an introduction would have been a more appropriate way to get yourself into the forums. "Hi, my name's Ted, I own an M3, was looking at a Redline for my kids, looking for feedback" is a lot better than "HOLY HOT DAMN, my hot shit M3 wasted an R1, and this is completely out of left field!"

Let's think about this logically here folks: if your first post is in the "Kills" section, you're a troll.

Something like this post;
Posted 05-10-2005, 07:00 AM

http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2331

I'm not here to cause trouble I like that car and would like to buy a Satrun Redline or the New Cobalt for my daughter. Which car I don't know. Like I said I'm just learning.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
That's funny... I'm in diapers and you want to learn about the Redline. Both are total bullshit... what's next... beat a CobaltSS in my turbo 845?

Sorry man, you don't come across like anyone that's even the slightest bit interested in our cars... try a new approach...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sp00ner said:
That's funny... I'm in diapers and you want to learn about the Redline. Both are total bullshit... what's next... beat a CobaltSS in my turbo 845?
Spooner you have no clue what you are talking about.
You finally buy a car that has some balls and you think it's the fastest thing out there. That's the problem with people like you, you never keep an open mind. When it comes to street racing anything is possible.

My first post could have been like this.

"Raced a Redline today. The little bitch thought he had some power under hood. So I showed him what a real car is made out of. The 540i destroyed that shit box of a car. The lillte punk probably went home crying to his punk friends how a BMW ripped him a new one".

No I did not. I like the Redline. Well I did untill I start hearing posts from people like you. Then I start to wonder, is this the image that I want my daughter to have.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sp00ner said:
Sorry man, you don't come across like anyone that's even the slightest bit interested in our cars... try a new approach...
Oh that's a good one, now you can read minds over the internet.
Yeah you are right I'm not interested in your cars, I'm here just to piss of Redline owners.

Therefore my next post will be how my brothers Honda Prelude with me driving it walked all over a Redline.
Or even better;
"Raced a redline with my E350 Turbodiesel van towing the 26' trailer with my 2 race bikes in it and smoked him going up a hill"

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Yea, good one. Might I suggest you abandon the typical insult path here. This is by far one the slower cars that I've owned. Just the newest. So you're not gonna have any success there. Nope, mommy and daddy didn't buy it either, not gonna have any luck there. Nope, not gonna be insulted by your insinuation that my rudeness is somehow representative of the image of Saturn owners, the image is that it's a girl's car. So with all due respect, tell your daughter to buy an RSX. I'd rather have more people like myself driving them, at least I wouldn't have to suffer through hours of gay jokes. You know nothing of me, or my posts, or you wouldn't have commented on the 'open mind' point of view, etc, etc, etc. Your arguement is so logically and factually flawed, that I would suggest a complete redirection of efforts.

I remember you, very well. You contribute nothing, you ask no questions, and simply complementing the car will not win you brownie points. If ANYONE in here posts something as simple as 'Hung with a WRX' we get 100 people in here claiming that were a bunch of lairs. So if you think that were not gonna call BS on this, your nuts. I had an almost 600hp TransAm that would routinely get left by various sport bikes in Florida, so sorry...

Try being a part of the forum before you come post nearly impossible to swallow stories, but might have better luck, but not this way.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Darkness95M3 said:
Spooner you have no clue what you are talking about.
You finally buy a car that has some balls and you think it's the fastest thing out there. That's the problem with people like you, you never keep an open mind. When it comes to street racing anything is possible.
That's funny, now you can read minds over the internet....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sp00ner said:
Yea, good one. Might I suggest you abandon the typical insult path here. This is by far one the slower cars that I've owned. Just the newest. So you're not gonna have any success there. Nope, mommy and daddy didn't buy it either, not gonna have any luck there. Nope, not gonna be insulted by your insinuation that my rudeness is somehow representative of the image of Saturn owners, the image is that it's a girl's car. So with all due respect, tell your daughter to buy an RSX. I'd rather have more people like myself driving them, at least I wouldn't have to suffer through hours of gay jokes. You know nothing of me, or my posts, or you wouldn't have commented on the 'open mind' point of view, etc, etc, etc. Your arguement is so logically and factually flawed, that I would suggest a complete redirection of efforts.

I remember you, very well. You contribute nothing, you ask no questions, and simply complementing the car will not win you brownie points. If ANYONE in here posts something as simple as 'Hung with a WRX' we get 100 people in here claiming that were a bunch of lairs. So if you think that were not gonna call BS on this, your nuts. I had an almost 600hp TransAm that would routinely get left by various sport bikes in Florida, so sorry...

Try being a part of the forum before you come post nearly impossible to swallow stories, but might have better luck, but not this way.

I can see that from your post.

“Hey, guess what. No one cares! **** you and your M3 owning troll ass. What in the world would make you think anyone here gives a dead rat's red ass about it? Get the **** outta here, and take your BS elsewhere.

Yea, and after I changed my oil, I smoked the holy hell out of a low flying 747... now just to let you know, they're pretty slow off the line...

Read the entire post before making an opinion. Obviously with your response from the above post you did not.

I hate to flame your ego. However I do race motorcycles including 600cc, 750cc and ltr bikes. I know what they are capable of. There is no way in hell that any ltr bike would win that race with identical circumstances.
I guess with your attitude you would make a great spokesperson for Saturn.

Since you know so much tell me why both of my posts are BS.
I got to hear this one.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Darkness95M3 said:
I can see that from your post.

“Hey, guess what. No one cares! **** you and your M3 owning troll ass. What in the world would make you think anyone here gives a dead rat's red ass about it? Get the **** outta here, and take your BS elsewhere.

Yea, and after I changed my oil, I smoked the holy hell out of a low flying 747... now just to let you know, they're pretty slow off the line...

Read the entire post before making an opinion. Obviously with your response from the above post you did not.

I hate to flame your ego. However I do race motorcycles including 600cc, 750cc and ltr bikes. I know what they are capable of. There is no way in hell that any ltr bike would win that race with identical circumstances.
I guess with your attitude you would make a great spokesperson for Saturn.

Since you know so much tell me why both of my posts are BS.
I got to hear this one.
All I know is that all of your posts are in the kill sections... all but 2. Not worth the time. Just like most of these kill stories. Typical troll, typical pattern. My favorite is the tarnishing of the Saturn reputation.

You really think that posts about beating motorcycles on an online forums is anything other than stirring up a hornets nest? Duh? You seem smart in some ways and intentionally ignorant in others... get a clue.... this isn't a House Subcommittee. I can't post a story about beating an Impreza without a troll assult, and there's no way that you're gonna post kills on sport bikes without someone calling BS, most people in fact.

Not to mention, that's like me posting a kill story about dusting a C6 that's towing a trailer. You didn't beat the bike, you beat gravity.

My use of the word BS, was more along the lines of "Bullshit that people dont care about" mixed with some serious disbelief. I had a TA that was putting down almost twice what you were, and would get smacked past 60 mph by any sport bike that I tried to race. Now maybe they were all faster in 1993, I don't claim to know much about bikes, but its a rediculous claim, and if you expected a bunch of people to say congratulations... well...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Sp00ner said:
All I know is that all of your posts are in the kill sections... all but 2. Not worth the time. Just like most of these kill stories. Typical troll, typical pattern. My favorite is the tarnishing of the Saturn reputation.

You really think that posts about beating motorcycles on an online forums is anything other than stirring up a hornets nest? Duh? You seem smart in some ways and intentionally ignorant in others... get a clue.... this isn't a House Subcommittee. I can't post a story about beating an Impreza without a troll assult, and there's no way that you're gonna post kills on sport bikes without someone calling BS, most people in fact.

Not to mention, that's like me posting a kill story about dusting a C6 that's towing a trailer. You didn't beat the bike, you beat gravity.

My use of the word BS, was more along the lines of "Bullshit that people dont care about" mixed with some serious disbelief. I had a TA that was putting down almost twice what you were, and would get smacked past 60 mph by any sport bike that I tried to race. Now maybe they were all faster in 1993, I don't claim to know much about bikes, but its a rediculous claim, and if you expected a bunch of people to say congratulations... well...
I have not posted any where else; however I do read other sections of the forum. I can't make any comments since I don't know too much. I'm learning.

My post did state that if he did get into 4th gear the outcome would have been completely different.

I guess your TA was producing over 1200Hp, those are awesome numbers.

I expect people to say lot's of things, however being told to get the **** out of here and being called a troll I never expected.

I have been racing motorcycles and cars for over 24 years both on the track and off track, drag strip, road tracks and also street racing

I keep saying anything is possible.
I knew the bikes weakness which was the extra weight over the rear wheel, and for that reason I beat him.
I know people have told me I beat the rider not the bike. However as far as i know bikes can't go by themselves, having said that not only did I beat the bike but also the rider.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I personally don't have anything against someone posting a story not related to the RL. If I don't find it interesting, I stop reading.

Darkness95M3, don't lose your interest in the RL as we need more in the GTA area. BTW, what are the dyno numbers on your M3?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts