Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Redline Stock

Sadly she has seen better days, the front hood is scarred due to a trailer hitch, cracked front skirt, 5th gear synchro is gone so all I have is fourth gear and below and now the A/C compressor is making the dreaded whine and it is barely spinning, need it to run a little longer, I've read posts about a delete belt for the compressor and I am wondering if anyone has done it. Any response is appreciated.
-PLIJR

·
The Professor
3,821 Posts
if i am not mistaken, the a/c delete does not delete the actual location of the pulley or the size of the belt. the a/c is taken out and an idler pulley is put in its place

correct me if i am wrong.

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
if i am not mistaken, the a/c delete does not delete the actual location of the pulley or the size of the belt. the a/c is taken out and an idler pulley is put in its place

correct me if i am wrong.
I've not seen a kit made for the LSJ specifically, but kits could be made either way for most vehicles.

·
The Professor
3,821 Posts
i was thinking it kept the a/c pulley location and changed it to an idler setup because when the belt would be coming off the supercharger to the crank, it would be making contact with the alternator, no?

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
i was thinking it kept the a/c pulley location and changed it to an idler setup because when the belt would be coming off the supercharger to the crank, it would be making contact with the alternator, no?
Certainly looks like it would come close, but I never checked.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Didn't GMS3 eliminate the ac? I thought I read something on ZZP about their system retaining it, and how proud they were?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts