Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, three of us here on the forums went to the track. SatRedL, Fineline and me. it was a good time, there were some fast cars there, and some cars that seemed like they should have done better... including us

my personal best was a 14.9 at just under 95 mph, which seemed to be pretty good, as i ran against a new GTO that only ran a 14.5 (and he took the liberty to put his hazzards on at the end...)

there were a couple pretty fast civic turbos there, a stock SRT and he was pretty cool. i ran against him a bunch of times. he was pulling 14.3-14.8's, one race where i botched the launch, he was in the 15's, and it was my only chance to take him, but didn't. good times, i've got a bunch of slips to post, and some video. what's the best way for me to post video?

·
the HepKitty
2,127 Posts
It's all about having fun and getting to know your car.

where is this track located?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I was SUPPOSED TO BE THERE! :mad:

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes you were, after noon or so things died down and it was go, drive back, go, drive back, go, drive back, go. i got in quite a few runs...

we were consistently around 15, i was the only one to break 14's, with an average of 15.3, launching at the track is a whole new world to me, not quite like the stoplight to stoplight runs i'm used to

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
Yeah, it was a good time. Where the hell were you spooner? Launching off that light is a lot different than the stoplight Grand Prix's we're all so used to. My best was a 15.064 @93mph The diesel pickup trucks were unbelievable running 13's

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Family changed their departure date for the summer from Monday to Sunday... really pissed me off, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. What were the track temp and such like? Pretty warm? Humid?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SatredL said:
It was decent, mid 70's warm enough be be comfortable,not hot enough to sweat.
yeah, it was a nice warm, probably was a little humid from the rain overnight

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have to add, i was running with a full tank of gas, in full street trim (didn't remove anything) and didn't mess with tire pressures, so i think i did ok compared to some other times i have seen here

·
Registered
535 Posts
Nice times. What was your 60ft/reaction time? The MPHs are there for 14.6-14.8 with some practice. I went to the track over the weekend for the first time and your right, it is so much different then the street. My biggist problem is first gear. I havnt found the sweet spot between wheel hope and bogging. My average was 14.7/14.8 with one 14.6, all with CAI/exhaust and stock trim i.e. left in spare tire, rear seat, ect... I think with some practice, we should hit 14.5s pritty soon. I think once I get that perfect I'll hit 14.4 or 14.3 Are you running any modds?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
14.901 @ 94.77, 2.304 60'

my reaction times were around .3xx or so on average, some higher, some lower. the run above was a low .3 r/t

my only mod is a CAI from K&N, i've noticed those with exhaust have netted lower times overall, and that'll be coming before next year

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
What kinda shape are your tires in Vita? Mine are already starting to wear a bit... I know you've had yours longer...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
they're getting there, seems to be plenty of tread for racing though, at least 1/8th inch or more deep in the tread. i also rotate mine every 6000 miles

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i drive the car like it was meant to be driven, but my tires are really still going to be good at least through summer, as far as i'm concerned. unless they get a lot more wear, but i've had it since june of last year, and have 13000 miles on my car, so it's getting noticable that they are getting worn

·
Registered
20 Posts
Remember that import wars is this Sunday, open to all 4 cylinder cars. Should be fun if the weather is nice. My buddy will be up their with his Cobalt SS and I'll have the video cam with!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
might have to go as a spectator, but can't race anymore this year, promised the fiance i would save money. i'd like to see what some of the guys that were there on sunday will run, as i'm sure they were there practicing, lots of hondas stripped down and turbo'd. i bet if i stripped everything down, i'd save a couple hundred pounds, not to mention a car that looked like ass...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Vita said:
might have to go as a spectator
I may go to watch if your going. It was my first time at the track this past sunday, so I pretty much pussy footed every launch and only scored a best run of 15.447, but had a blast doing it. That stock SRT-4 ran some good times, we all were with him of the line but second gear on those cars just crushes ours. He pulled on me in second and then the gap stayed about the same with him beating me by about one second.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
were you getting wheel hop? i was getting 15.3's consistantly with wheel hop, when i didn't it was either higher due to bog, or right around 15 with a nice chirp to get going

1 - 20 of 33 Posts