Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My freinds and I have been running this one on applicable cars for years now, but I haven't heard anyone mention it on here yet - thought I'd share.

Ever hear of Redline (as in the oil/fluids company) Water Wetter? Well, you add it to your coolant, and it reduces engine operating temps up to 30 degrees (depending on application). Not such a good thing for street driven cars as they wont reach optimal operating temp, but great for circle track and the like where you spin at high RPM for extended times.

Also great for ANY vehicle with air air-to-liquid intercooler/aftercooler.... Hey - for under $9 for the bottle, it can't hurt anything, right? ;)

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
They prob void your warranty :p ide so it but saturn is starting to piss me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my car has been sitting in there lot for 2 wks now!!!!!!
im tired of the slow turbo cavy :mad:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's just a fluid additive, and it's 100% compatable with green or red - shouldn't have any effect on warranty.

What's wrong with your car? :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
BigBrother said:
My freinds and I have been running this one on applicable cars for years now, but I haven't heard anyone mention it on here yet - thought I'd share.

Ever hear of Redline (as in the oil/fluids company) Water Wetter? Well, you add it to your coolant, and it reduces engine operating temps up to 30 degrees (depending on application). Not such a good thing for street driven cars as they wont reach optimal operating temp, but great for circle track and the like where you spin at high RPM for extended times.

Also great for ANY vehicle with air air-to-liquid intercooler/aftercooler.... Hey - for under $9 for the bottle, it can't hurt anything, right? ;)
I have mentioned this/asked about this already. I want to reduce my anti-freeze to 25% instead of the 50 and then add water wetter. That should help a lot out in the hot west. Of course, with alky injection there isn't any point and I intend on doing that soon.

·
Registered
411 Posts
tlake84 said:
Does it mix with GM's DexCool though?
If you wanna use the stuff I would pull out all your coolant and just use water and water wetter alone.

The whitepaper on the Redline Water Wetter is a good read and really explains what it does.

http://www.redlineoil.com/whitePaper/17.pdf

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I pulled a little out of the intercooler and replaced it with wetter and did the same to the radiator coolant. The car does run noticibly cooler. The butt dyno isn't talking because I dropped the spare and back seat at the same time.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I have watter wetter in my intercooler... not sure if it did anything. I know it should, but I did it in the winter so it's hard to tell the difference now that it's warm. I also had to reverse the intercooler wiring after I did it, so that made a difference...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.