Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tomorrow will be one month that my car has been in the shop.....I went and saw it yesterday and they finally put it back in the garage but it was still in pieces.....they havent even started working on the back bumper yet.....the car is 6 months old and I've only gotten to drive it for 5 months

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
what happend to it i just found out i gotta dish a 1000 bucks for new axles and tranny mounts! they blame dit on goofys torque brace i said was it out on wrong they said no it was on perfect :p lol so now off goes the brace! they aint using that against me again ;)

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
dunno i was scared imagine actully driving slow (2 cops behind me) i shift into 3rd and BOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i thought engine blew :eek:

I get er back tomarrow mabe ;) i been driving turbo cavy (but she over heats) :p

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
that just blows my mind

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I would like to hear GG's opinion on the situation... The way upper torque braces was explained to me, was that they actually help take a load off the rubber motor and tranny mounts.
Can you go into a little more detail on what happened? did your tranny actually fall out? How many miles do you have on it? Ever taken it to a strip? Did you have the Rev A install or the Rev B (radiator(s) frame mount, or strut tower) brace config?

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Yeah no way it was the mount. Id love to see them test and prove that one. The only thing it does it help with the load from thier crappy design. Wheel hop will break it worse. just mention the law that protects you on that they have to prove it. Make no differnce on the mount especailly the tranny mount of all things. That a hard one to break. Id fight it to the end or they can call me and I will refer them to a person who knows who they are talking about. Dont give them one red cent. You need to take them to court if you already paid. Someone whats the law on aftermarket parts. I know they have to prove it was the cause to blame for it.

But at the same time a localer took his car 4x4 once and tore up his hubs and got them replaced as freebies here. I guess its the dealership. You should in no way have to pay that though. Especailly the circumstances.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
goofyguy said:
Yeah no way it was the mount. Id love to see them test and prove that one. The only thing it does it help with the load from thier crappy design. Wheel hop will break it worse. just mention the law that protects you on that they have to prove it. Make no differnce on the mount especailly the tranny mount of all things. That a hard one to break. Id fight it to the end or they can call me and I will refer them to a person who knows who they are talking about. Dont give them one red cent.
No shit it's a hard one to break (sorry, not being a smart ass, agreeing with you!) we took my buddy's Civic's engine out of the car, the trans mount is a friggin' beast, I'm sure it's just the same for the Redline. Would I pay them? Damn no. Would I cite the warranty thing? Damn sure.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yeah, take it from a Saturn dealer..You shouldnt have to PAY!! Which dealer is it at. I'll give-em my $.02... Bastids! :D

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
What dealership. Im going to make some calls tomorrow. Actually Im try and get Scooter and Nick Smith to make some calls. Also you should call Ingalls and get thier opinion and WeaponR as well. There is some serious shit about to hit the fan. Im about to show you why I belive in customer service.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
scooter said:
Yeah, take it from a Saturn dealer..You shouldnt have to PAY!! Which dealer is it at. I'll give-em my $.02... Bastids! :D

I was hoping you would say that because I already recuited you as a side arm if I need it. im also going to see nick so he can make some calls as well. No way it was a brace or well anything that could have been your fault. Something would have had to seize up to brace that son of a bitch <--the tranny mount. Like a Hub or something.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Shit!! I just noticed you're a Florida boy!! I have lotsa connections in Florida!

*Chants, while someone holds me back*

Let me at-em. Let me at-em. Let me at-em....

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I wonder where. Scooter you like to rid bitch seat on a Busa tomorrow we have to make an example out of someone. And for CVenoms problem I thinks I would like your assitance on this one will you be at werk tomorrow?

·
Registered
244 Posts
goofyguy said:
I wonder where. Scooter you like to rid bitch seat on a Busa tomorrow we have to make an example out of someone. And for CVenoms problem I thinks I would like your assitance on this one will you be at werk tomorrow?

Wednesdays are my day off but, as always. I will be there.

:OFFTOPIC:
I'm at Sully's house right now, house sitting. He went to MI for a weddin. Can ya say PARTY?? LMAO!!

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
whats the addy we can tear that SOB up.

·
Registered
244 Posts
goofyguy said:
whats the addy we can tear that SOB up.

:moreofftopicshit:
Bring sum chicks and we rip'r up and git'r dun!

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I don't want to hear about not being able to drive your redline. I have had mine since September and I bareley have 6k miles on it. With all the time spent away from home I never get to drive it. (BTW Thanks to Max Boost for giving me updates on weather my car is still sitting in my driveway.) Although I do believe you situation deffinatly sucks more. You have no control over this. Time to start calling Saturn Corporate. Light a fire under their asses.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts