Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any updates for us? We are all getting itchy to slap these puppies on our engines.

How did the dyno and fit testing go? Any idea on shipping dates?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yes i would like to know how far off they are so i know that i can dump some more money into some other mods ive been planning. If its still a month off that means i can do some more things i planned on. And it would be ohh so sweet. :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
hello is this thing on? Ahh well whats the news?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Id rather him take his time on them then send out somethin that is total crap and have us all not be happy. He probobly just wants to make sure they are perfect. Fine by me! Patience is a virtue! Id like mine now but i can wait a lil more. Unless it takes longer than march 15th...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
guys, don't get too antsy, he said he'd "try" to get them out by christmas, just be glad he's making sure they're all good and proper...

·
Registered
416 Posts
BlackRedline04 said:
Hmm, he hasnt posted since 12/22..

Glad I didnt order one :rolleyes: (esp. considering they were promised by xmas and its almost new years... i'd be pretty pissed right now if i had ordered one.)
We're glad you didn't order one too. Cause now you're going to have the slowest redline in the forums. . .

I do think though that he shouldn't have charged my credit card until it shipped. . .

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
he needed the money to get them

·
Registered
786 Posts
Calm down everyone. We're lucky he's even doing it. If you can't understand delays on a new developed product, then in the future just wait until its available on the shelf. I'm sure he's doing the best he can.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I totally understand that R&D has to be done and would rather wait a little bit longer to get a quality product. That's no problem.

I just wanted an update on progress, power gains etc. since he was fit and dyno testing them the weekend before Xmas. Just wanted to know how that went.

·
Banned
177 Posts
The company that is making the gaskets isn't open this week and I neglected to pick them up assuming I could this week. That alone is a bit of a delay I didn't expect and the welder took this week off also (god forbid the guy celebrate the holidays) so I'm sorry for any delays that may seem extemporaneous, but as I said before and to each person who purchased, The initial run may experience some delays in delivery, but the initial offering price helped offset it.

A Saturn Retailer in Southern California has signed up to be a distributor of our products and they will be taking both retail and wholesale orders after the first of the year. By the time they are ready to offer our products to the public we will have a large enough inventory to support immediate delivery of product including dealer direct installs and sales.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Adam, how did the fit and dyno testing go?

Great news about the Saturn retailer picking up your product line as well.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
ok so new ETA? Not to be to anxious but Im just ready to go. Is there anyway you can post the install directions and tools needed to give us something to at least prepare for in terms of time off.

·
Registered
453 Posts
shaneathan said:
We're glad you didn't order one too. Cause now you're going to have the slowest redline in the forums. . .

I do think though that he shouldn't have charged my credit card until it shipped. . .
If you got a problem with me, take it to PM please.
There are several reasons I didnt buy one. First being $$. Sure I could charge it to credit card, but I'd rather pay off what i've spent already. Second, he said they wont be smog legal in california, and since its my daily driver (and the wing and tint attract enough cops), I really dont need a fix-it ticket now. Third, no offense to the maker, but I've seen enough people get ripped off on forums like these, and I'd rather wait til hes more credible. Its not like buying it from sps or a trustworthy company. Fourth, I've had no problems at 5k miles, and I'd like to keep it that way, in other words, I dont want to be in the first batch of something brand new in case there are problems. Better safe then sorry.

That is MY opinion, and if you have a problem with it, PM me, I dont like arguing in public. :)

To add: These will not be the last mods available. This is only the begining. I dont feel the need to rush out and buy everything available for the car just because there is nothing else YET.
That was a very immature comment to make.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Sheesh, let's calm down people. First of all, Adam has been around in the Saturn world for 6 years plus or so. He has been around for a long time now and is well known in the Saturn community. Not like by all but that is a different story. Many Saturn tuners have personally met him and have talked with him countlessly about technical stuff. I for one have done both.

Either way, I trully hope someone comes out with a carb header for you. Although, being a Saturn the likeliness of that happening is pretty slim. One thing you might want to consider. The header is on the back of the engine facing the firewall unlike the s-series. It is pretty hard to see and I doubt a cop would know an aftermarket one from a factory one. You could most likely argue with them since the car comes from factory all souped up. That is the only thing you'll have to worry about is the visual inspection, but a header won't make you fail emissions...

Tom

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
all i have to say about that is that you are part of the first batch of something brand new...

·
Registered
416 Posts
BlackRedline04 said:
If you got a problem with me, take it to PM please.
There are several reasons I didnt buy one. First being $$. Sure I could charge it to credit card, but I'd rather pay off what i've spent already. Second, he said they wont be smog legal in california, and since its my daily driver (and the wing and tint attract enough cops), I really dont need a fix-it ticket now. Third, no offense to the maker, but I've seen enough people get ripped off on forums like these, and I'd rather wait til hes more credible. Its not like buying it from sps or a trustworthy company. Fourth, I've had no problems at 5k miles, and I'd like to keep it that way, in other words, I dont want to be in the first batch of something brand new in case there are problems. Better safe then sorry.

That is MY opinion, and if you have a problem with it, PM me, I dont like arguing in public. :)

To add: These will not be the last mods available. This is only the begining. I dont feel the need to rush out and buy everything available for the car just because there is nothing else YET.
That was a very immature comment to make.
Holy crap dude. My comment was a joke. I have no problem with you. I don't care that you exist really. Good idea on paying off your credit card. And let's give a little more props to Adam. He isn't exactly Guido on the corner with headers under his trenchcoat.

Besides, man, I'm the closest redline owner to you in these forums. I might blow by you one of these days. . . With the headers, of course.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Vita said:
all i have to say about that is that you are part of the first batch of something brand new...

yep, and our RL has already been to the dealer once per week we have owned it as proof that everything is all new

1 - 20 of 27 Posts