Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AEM has told me that the intake for the redline will be going into production and should be able to purchase it in a few weeks. They told me to watch there website for the release and then I could purchase from my local AEM dealer. I guess I can wait a couple more weeks.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
that's what i'm talking about! hopefully a set of headers are ready by spring so i can do the full exhaust as well!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
xtremesc2 said:
from what i understand its a short ram though......still better than stock!
gimme the short ram, we're intercooled anyway, i'd rather have the responsiveness down low, and we're good on the top end anyway!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i'm not sure of the price either but AEM makes some good products so i'm sure it will be worth it. I'm ready for a header to come out also so I can do a three inch exhaust.

·
Registered
524 Posts
This is sweet, can't wait to buy mine. To tell you the truth I wanted a short ram anyways. This is my daily driver and I didn't want to have to mess with a CAI again (worried when it rained)...

Tom

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Tom01SC2 said:
This is sweet, can't wait to buy mine. To tell you the truth I wanted a short ram anyways. This is my daily driver and I didn't want to have to mess with a CAI again (worried when it rained)...

Tom

i know, big puddles were my mortal enemies! i had a tiburon GT, and the filter was right up in the bumper REAL low to the ground for me, although a bypass valve never hurts anything, but i'm not so sure you want one with F/I

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
linenoyz said:
Ahh, it's nice having my cold air coming in from on TOP of my hood. ;)

(See avatar if you have no idea what I'm talking about.)
i really hope someone makes a carbon fiber hood with a functional scoop, or at least functional vents, especially with the rumor of not enough cooling going on :rolleyes:

it would probobly be worse with a FMIC in there as well...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Vita said:
i really hope someone makes a carbon fiber hood with a functional scoop, or at least functional vents, especially with the rumor of not enough cooling going on :rolleyes:

it would probobly be worse with a FMIC in there as well...

When the Comp Edition comes out we should be able to buy the scooped hood. Don't know if it'll be carbon fiber or not.

I was gonna buy a K&N filter for mine this weekend, but now I'll just wait for the CAI. :cool:

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
JPK said:
When the Comp Edition comes out we should be able to buy the scooped hood. Don't know if it'll be carbon fiber or not.

I was gonna buy a K&N filter for mine this weekend, but now I'll just wait for the CAI. :cool:
i didn't know a scooped hood was available for the competition package, i thought it was the boost gauge/tach, grey wheels with a polished lip, and i thought brakes?!?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Vita said:
i didn't know a scooped hood was available for the competition package, i thought it was the boost gauge/tach, grey wheels with a polished lip, and i thought brakes?!?
I thought I read they were doing one for the comp package. :confused:

Maybe I'm thinking of the Cobalt.

I really wish they would.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i know there is one for the cobalt performance package, but i hope they do one for the RL too! we'll see i guess

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Katiemarie said:
I'd go for a scooped hood, but pass on the carbon fiber.

Call me weird, but I have a thing about my car being one color. ;)
you CAN paint carbon fiber, i just want one because it makes the car lighter, don't like to draw attention to myself, but my car is black, so, yeah.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Vita said:
you CAN paint carbon fiber, i just want one because it makes the car lighter, don't like to draw attention to myself, but my car is black, so, yeah.
Yeah, I've got a blue one, so it would look really gay.

If I ever got carbon fiber, (like, if I had a black car, because then it would actually look good), I wouldn't paint it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts