Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
does anyone have the AEM short ram intake and if so how do u like it, also for you guys that know the diff between performance in the two let me know what you think thanks. (ill be buying one of the two this weekend). just had a flowmaster put on and it sounds sweet!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Personal perference.... I would like to hear how someone with the AEM sounds...

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
mmm short ram = more noise from supercharger

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have the AEM and it sounds WICKED. Last night I was with my class at UTI, and I asked them to do a checkover on my car as part of the preventive maintenance section of the course I'm teaching. As I was pulling out, I revved it a couple of times, and the supercharger echoed through the shop...EVERYONE (120 students in a 30,000 sq ft shop) stopped what they were doing. Pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Sweet. Now that is showing off.

·
Registered
384 Posts
OKOK I'm convinced---where is the best place to get the k&n cai

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Summit had some good prices, Vita had some for like $225 shipped, but I think he might be out now, ask him. Don't pay any more than $250 if you can avoid it. Some places are charging as much as $375....

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
That red looks really good...

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sp00ner said:
That red looks really good...
Yeah, but it clashed with the bright red I had on my spark plug cover - had to repaint and be fashion conscious....

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
How hard is it to pull it off? I hate the way mine looks. Almost looks like it's powdery or something. I'd like to get it polished, or painted or something... easy pop off, pop on process? Need a new gasket and such?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sp00ner said:
How hard is it to pull it off? I hate the way mine looks. Almost looks like it's powdery or something. I'd like to get it polished, or painted or something... easy pop off, pop on process? Need a new gasket and such?
The spark plug cover? Not even a problem - 4 torx head screws and you're done, no gasket or anything.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
The spark plug cover? Not even a problem - 4 torx head screws and you're done, no gasket or anything.
No, the whole cover....

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sp00ner said:
No, the whole cover....
That's a little more labor intensive, but you can easily reuse the stock robber gasket. Label and set aside each of the coil-on-plug assemblies, remove the bolts, and the bracket at the right side of the valve cover (holds a hold-away bracket for a line/pipe).

Don't make the same mistake I did when reinstalling....I pinched one of the wires going to one of the injectors - drove a bolt right through it, car wouldn't start, figured it out after a bit, took my fat fingers an hour and lots of cussing to get it repaired all pretty like.

If you just have someone check for clearance on the harnesses and wires when you're putting it back together, you won't have a problem.

I scuffed mine up, hit it with primer, and painted it with black wrinkle paint - got it at Pep Boys - baked the valve cover and spark plug cover for about 5 minutes at 250 degrees (stunk up the house), carried it back to the garage, hit it withg another light copat, baked it again, and reinstalled.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.