Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off everyone i would like to say whats up to all the members of the site. I have been a vendor on SRTforums for a few months now and on CobaltSS for a while now too.. And after talking to Ekool im not a vendor on here as well (im also a mod on srtforums.com as well). I would like to offer all the members of RedlineForums.com a nice addition to their car. Dark Syde HID's. below is some info about the kits as well as photos and video.

here is some info on the kits i offer.

we have VHO HID's (very high output) they use a 50watt ballast instead of a 35 watt. the difference is AWSOME! very bright HID's. below are some prices if we get enough people the price will come down.

Plug and play HID's (4000K-12000K except the VHO) you are looking at 300+shipping

for those who want to stand out the VHO kit is available for 425+shipping (remember these are at least twice as bright as normal HID's and these come in all ranges from 4000-12000k).

these kits are great (i am using them on my srt-4) we also have kits for motorcycles which is a nice way to add some "bling" to your bikes.. we can also get aftermarket fogs (HID) but PM me for the price. If we get enough people wanting these kits the prices will drop.

Included in kits are as follows:

The VHO (Very High Output) HID Conversion kit will use genuine HID bulbs and ballasts. Custom moulded bases will be used to ensure proper fitment and beam patterns. This product will include a complete wiring harness that will literally plug directly into your OEM headlight harness via proper mating connectors. The harness provided will include upgraded fuses and relays to ensure you do not draw a higher current from your stock harness than it was designed to provide.

This kit will include the following:

2 x ballast cradles
2 x 50 Watt Xenon Capsules
2 x Upgraded 50 Watt Ballasts
Complete wiring harness
Manufacturer's 1 Yr Warranty
Complete instruction manual.

non VHO kit will include the following:

2 x ballast cradles
2 x Xenon Capsules
2 x Ballasts
Complete wiring harness
Complete instruction manual.
6000K on a SRT-4

8000K Single Stage HID kit

12000K Single Stage HID kit

VHO KIT (6000K) bad picture (looks green but its not and alot brighter in person) This is the VHO kit up against a standard HID kit

here is a 6000K pic

Vette with the 6000K's

6000K freshly installed on a SRT-4

HID KIT IN ACTION VIDEO
HID vid Right click save tgt as

-Thanks
Ryan Libby
Dark Syde Racing

These kits are 100% plug and play. The install in around an hour to 2 hours and the nice thing is NO CUTTING OF WIRES!!!

if you would like more info please post up or PM me or even hit me up on AIM sometime Darksydesrt4 is my AIM sn

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hid Kits

I Do Not Understand Why These Kits Are Not Outlawed Federally. I Am Working With Some Lobbiest Here In Ms To See That We Have A Law Passed That Makes These Lights Banned. They Blind Too Many People At Night And Cuase Accidents.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im sorry you feel like that. However to be honest with you the law will not be passed due to the fact that alot of cars are comming from the factory with HID's as standard equiptment. Next time though if you have a problem with a product thats being sold by a PAYING vendor please keep it to yourself if you have not used the product and know nothing about it. This is one of the ways i make my living. So please put yourself in my shoes and see what you would think if a comment like that was stated about the product your selling.

thank you,
Ryan Libby
Owner of Dark Syde HID's / Dark Syde Performance / Dark Syde Racing

·
Registered
89 Posts
wear sunglasses if you dont like them or 3-d glasses

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just because you are a paying Vendor doesn't mean you are exempt from negative comments. SFPH can attest to this im sure.

And an attitude like that doesn't belong here IMO. A simple rebuttal would of been far more efficient.

·
Registered
679 Posts
my shit the way it is now blinds people. I'll be driving and people will flash me to turn my beams down"I dont freakin have em on!!!" then i flash my beams at them to show them what bright is , i cant help it. I dont even want to upgrade them, its just another thing that was made for cops to see you comming from a mile away. I feel the same w/exhaust aswell another signal for cops to know when your comming

·
Registered
524 Posts
Definitely a good price, wish I knew who you were when I bought them for my other car. So how long has your business been around? How long is this deal good for? Where are you located at?

Tom

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
They're illegal here... Chicago... even the real bluish tinted regular bulbs will get you a ticket...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tom01SC2 said:
Definitely a good price, wish I knew who you were when I bought them for my other car. So how long has your business been around? How long is this deal good for? Where are you located at?

Tom

i have been around for a little while now (selling for about 2 years) the price will stay that price for all forum members as that is my thing for the forums i am a supporting vendor on. I appologize if I offended any of you for giving my "simple rebuttle." If I may ask what was the price you paid for your last kit? Also we will have a car at SEMA this year (SRT-4) so keep an eye out. Also i will be starting to stock PERFORMANCE mods for the Redline as well as cobalt SS. We are almost done with the design of the new website www.darksyderacing.com so feel free to join up and post up on the forums as well. Also if you need video or picture hosting just PM me and i will be more than happy to host for you (unlimited bandwith is nice to have).

thanks again everyone

-Ryan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i used to sell Hi/Low kits but the installation on the hi/low was pretty advanced and not alot of people wanted to pay the extra money for them...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I dont think you offended anyone, maybe that one person, but what are the chances of running into someone, thats involved in a political process to get the exact product that you're selling banned? I understand his point, I hate the damn things. When people get behind my with them, I aim my mirror right back into the drivers seat. Most of the factory ones are at least aimed right, it's the people that either don't adjust them after the install, or let them get all out of place, that piss me off.

So to you guys that are gonna take this man up on his fine products....

AIM THEM RIGHT! Please god, aim them right. Nothing pisses me off more than being blinded by some dumb-ass behind me that paid $300 for a set of projectors, yet wastes all the advantages of them by having them aimed into a tree above them...

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
how much for a motorcycle setup? 04 busa

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wish this would have been posted earlier. I just bought a 8000k kit off ebay for $280 shipped, includes everything your kit does. $20 less, but I would have been more likely to buy it here than I would have on ebay. Kit should be arriving today. I'll let you know about the quality of it. As for everyone who has negative comments on the HID's :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: I dont understand this. Especially seeings how HID's are now stock on most BMW's, Lexus', certain Honda's, Toyota's...etc etc. Let the man run his business. To each his own and if it's not your cup of tea click that little back button in the upper left hand corner and post somewhere else. Damn negativity has to stop on internet forums...gets on my damn nerves. Good Luck to you Dark Syde.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Everyone? Wasn't there like one person? Not to mention, the ones installed by the manufacturers are aimed right. They don't have Vin Diesel installing them with duct tape and a screwdriver outside without aiming them correctly. When people install them, and aim them correctly, it's not an issue. When they install them, and blind people in oncoming traffic with them, it's an issue. Both a safety issue, and a leagal issue. Like I said, if people are going to buy them, just please take the time to aim the properly. It does you no good to have an expensive set of lights that are aimed into the eyes of oncoming drivers, as opposed to the road where they are useful.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Its crazy bright for me. I love how bright the road markings and signs are. I pulled up on a s2000 and he asked me what headlights I have I told him a conversion kit he was rather impressed because my lights put his to shame. Then we raced and he killed me up good. buddy of mine. Anyways I have had them for a week now and I noticed no one has flashed me. In fact in the area I drive HighBeams are essential and oncoming traffic has theirs on in a distance then turn thiers off was a good distance before they get to me which means Im surely not blinding them. I dont have highbeams anymore and Im not missing them.

HIDs rock just aim those son of a bitches. As for my Bike I only use the highbeam at night. Sorry but your ass better see me coming.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Black04RedLine said:
Wish this would have been posted earlier. I just bought a 8000k kit off ebay for $280 shipped, includes everything your kit does. $20 less, but I would have been more likely to buy it here than I would have on ebay. Kit should be arriving today. I'll let you know about the quality of it. As for everyone who has negative comments on the HID's :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: I dont understand this. Especially seeings how HID's are now stock on most BMW's, Lexus', certain Honda's, Toyota's...etc etc. Let the man run his business. To each his own and if it's not your cup of tea click that little back button in the upper left hand corner and post somewhere else. Damn negativity has to stop on internet forums...gets on my damn nerves. Good Luck to you Dark Syde.
Got the kit and installed them Friday. Gorgeous...I highly recommend an HID conversion kit. It truely sets the front of the car off. Really makes a cosmetic difference at night time. :) :) :) :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts