Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking with the new upcoming mod's of Psi-Fi 18psi upgrade, header, CAI intake, and 2 1/2 to 3 inch cat-back I was thinking we would hit around the 300 whp range? Agree or not agree..I break it down like this..

Stock around 205 whp

header - 15-25whp
CAI intake - 10-15whp
Cat-back 2 1/2 to 3 inch - 10-20whp.
Psi-Fi kit - 40whp-60whp

Wait, I cant do math. Hahahaha Oh well give me your input..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
762 Posts
Yes the LSD should be put ASAP :) We need that I've talked to the dealership and they don't know anything there either playin dumb or just are dumb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
lsd..

ok ive heard all but good things about lsd..is it really THAT good? is it worth $2000?! what does it allow you to do..have almost no wheel spin when you take off..can you just rev up higher like to 5 or 6000 rpms and drop the clutch..this is really interesting and agitating me at the same time...and how much time will it take off you race times?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
redlineRACER said:
ok ive heard all but good things about lsd..is it really THAT good? is it worth $2000?! what does it allow you to do..have almost no wheel spin when you take off..can you just rev up higher like to 5 or 6000 rpms and drop the clutch..this is really interesting and agitating me at the same time...and how much time will it take off you race times?
lets see.. you will be able to get off the line with less wheel hop, you can accelerate through turns better, I belive we can get a helical lsd so it will help with acceleration/braking. Since you will be able to hook up, you should shave 0.2-0.5 tenth's of a second off your quarter mile. Also your tires in the front will wear evenly! You can launch higher, possibly 3k - 3.5k rpm, right now I cant launch clean with anything above 2,000rpm. there is so many pro's to a LSD it's not even funny. It's really worth the $2k.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no offense, but you call yourself a racer and dont even know the postive's of getting a LSD. shame shame :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,618 Posts
Those hp expectations seem a little optimistic. I'd say that, less the Psi-Fi mods, we'd be at approx. 230hp. The exhaust is pretty good to start with & a CAI won't do much. I'm not certain what Psi-Fi's kit will include but unless it's $1k-$2k, we're probably lookin' at about 30hp there, maybe a little more in addition to the other listed mods. I agree that an LSD is priority, otherwise you're just making a lot of noise & darting left & right when you launch.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,617 Posts
Hyperion said:
Those hp expectations seem a little optimistic. I'd say that, less the Psi-Fi mods, we'd be at approx. 230hp. The exhaust is pretty good to start with & a CAI won't do much. I'm not certain what Psi-Fi's kit will include but unless it's $1k-$2k, we're probably lookin' at about 30hp there, maybe a little more in addition to the other listed mods. I agree that an LSD is priority, otherwise you're just making a lot of noise & darting left & right when you launch.

6Psi should net us more than 30hp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
At least

Being that this engine is already underated we should see a lot of gains...i can't wait, once i start my summer job up again and get these parts, ill have the fastest car at my school. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Redline686 said:
Being that this engine is already underated we should see a lot of gains...i can't wait, once i start my summer job up again and get these parts, ill have the fastest car at my school. :D
I hear ya, as soon as i get employed again Im getting my redline..over the summer Im going to save up for the whole twincharging kit..man better start saving :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
redline686 i was thinking the same thing..theres a wrx at my school this year, but next year hell be gone...my friend is suppose to get a srt-4..but with the mods hell be no problem. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
redlineRACER said:
redline686 i was thinking the same thing..theres a wrx at my school this year, but next year hell be gone...my friend is suppose to get a srt-4..but with the mods hell be no problem. :cool:
my school doesnt have much, a few integras, stock mustang cobras, nothing too fancy. I can't wait to roll up in a sleeper such as the RL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,070 Posts
EvenStar said:
my school doesnt have much, a few integras, stock mustang cobras, nothing too fancy. I can't wait to roll up in a sleeper such as the RL.
God I feel old. I just dumped a 2004 STi and a '02 SVT Focus for his thing. Should have kept the STi just to show the kids up. You might want to be careful with the cobras.
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
redlineRACER said:
ok ive heard all but good things about lsd..is it really THAT good? is it worth $2000?! what does it allow you to do..have almost no wheel spin when you take off..can you just rev up higher like to 5 or 6000 rpms and drop the clutch..this is really interesting and agitating me at the same time...and how much time will it take off you race times?
A Limited Slip Differential allows the 'gearbox' to transfer power to the wheel that is not slipping. With the standard setup, whichever wheel has the least traction will spin, the power will transfer to the wheel with the least resistance path, which is the spinning one. This makes the tire spin even more. With a LSD you get the two tire spin for a second, then a good solid hookup. Depending on how you drive, you can take major time off 1/4 mile runs and it's invaluable for Autocrossing due to the VERY tight turns and hard accelerration. On a turn, the inside wheel wants to come loose and spin due to the increased traction/weight on the outside wheel. How's that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Thats why I think im going to vy for a competition package on mine, LSD is worth it for me. The fog lights look cool too..
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
EvenStar said:
Thats why I think im going to vy for a competition package on mine, LSD is worth it for me. The fog lights look cool too..
Don't even think about it, just get it. You will wish every day that you had it otherwise!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top