Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had issues with the air conditioning in their car? :confused: mine won't blow cold or does so intermitently. i talked to saturn about it and they told me the air con has to be on the #1 fan setting when you turn it on. i tried this and it worked for a little while, but now all it does is blow hot air or the same temp as it is outside. :mad:

·
Registered
808 Posts
If the a/c wont blow cold there is a problem, take it to the dealer and have it fixed

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Make sure you have the 'frost' button pushed. It's the left button under the dials. The air won't be very cold until that is pushed.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I can assure you, that you do not need to turn the AC on with the #1 fan setting. I've used mine a couple of times, and dont' have any special methods for it. Blows good and cold, almost right away, obviously it takes a few min if the car has not been running, and it's real hot inside. That's crap, your AC should work either way. The most that should happen, if you turn it on with the fan on full blast, is MAYBE it will take a min longer to start blowing colder air.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Turn the ac on by pushing the snowflake button. you also need to push the recirculate button on the right so that you are not bringing in hot air from the outside and trying to cool it, you can recirculate the cold air and make it colder.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i've had the car a couple months now, and i have tried everything. at first it was an intermittent problem, now it just blows the same temp as the ambient air outside. i was just wondering if anybody else had experienced the same problem. oh well, the wife took the car up to the dealership.

·
Registered
524 Posts
If they won't fix it call up Saturn Corp. They serisouly shouldn't be giving you a hard time. I use my A/C all the time and I have no problems. It's been well over triple digits here and I have a black car, I use my A/C for most of the year...

Tom

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I turned mine on this afternoon, just to see. I started the car, waited like 30 seconds, turned it on 2, then switched it right to 4, and the air was cool in 30 seconds, at MOST. Either mode you use, will cool the air, the 'recirc' feature will cool the air more, since it's cooling already conditioned air, but I NEVER use that button, always the 'Fresh air' mode. Still makes it good and cold...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Black05Redline said:
Turn the ac on by pushing the snowflake button. you also need to push the recirculate button on the right so that you are not bringing in hot air from the outside and trying to cool it, you can recirculate the cold air and make it colder.
The recommended procedure upon entering a hot car is to crack a window and run the AC for about a minute to exhaust the hot air. THEN switch to Recirc and close window. This will provide maximum cool down as well as cooling. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haven't raced it yet.....the wife won't let me yet. as for the a/c, it's fixed now. we took it in andd they hooked it up to the diagnostics and the sensor would pass and then fail. they found an exposed wire from the ecm to the a/c compressor sensor. they fixed it and a while later me and the wife were out driving and the CEL came on :mad: , so when i get home today i'm gonna read the code and find out what it is before i take it back in.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
check the A/C condensor, if it's badly dinged, that could be your problem. mine is, but it still blows cold...

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
dazednconfused75 said:
Saturn will probably deny his A/C warranty claim because he "raced" it. ;)
The GM salt flats speedster has our engine in it with the A/C and all :p

·
Registered
384 Posts
AC's pretty simple---tell the jerk to fix it. When the fan is up and both buttons
left and right are pushed it should freeze your aaazzzzz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts