Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Air Intake Campare

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  korax123 
#1 ·
I was looking at the Air intakes that are coming out (will give me something to keep my hands busy till the 18psi kit or the twincharge kit comes out). But I was wondering if anyone has scene the specs (dyno or something). Compairing the Weapon-R Intake vs the K&N. Any help will be alot of help.

#2 ·
#4 ·
the Weapon R intake isn't even made yet, they just stated that they we're likely going to produce one. search for it...

#5 ·
Vita said:
the Weapon R intake isn't even made yet, they just stated that they we're likely going to produce one. search for it...
On the Killed WRX Thread by GM3Saturn, he said that he Installed his. Also the Weapon R intake site has them for sale. Please edjumikate me. Thanks.

#6 ·
well that was quick. they just posted a thread here about possibly making one, along with headers, etc.

the fact that they are already available is beyond me at this point

#7 ·
right now i am waiting to get into a shop where a guy is going to use my car as the prototype for an exhaust and an intake. hopefully if all goes well then after we get it on a dyno we can get a group but for the both of them if there is enough intrest on here. ill keep everyone posted

#8 ·
Yea, but they never gave his car a baseline dyno, they just put a piece of pipe on, and now they're going to dyno it. So, there's no good baseline to compare it with... sounds pretty shady to me...

#9 · (Edited)
RicanSpeed said:
On the Killed WRX Thread by GM3Saturn, he said that he Installed his. Also the Weapon R intake site has them for sale. Please edjumikate me. Thanks.
I dont have a intake. When did I say that?

Check DL RL's signature.

#11 ·
Sp00ner said:
Yea, but they never gave his car a baseline dyno, they just put a piece of pipe on, and now they're going to dyno it. So, there's no good baseline to compare it with... sounds pretty shady to me...
ditto, people complain about a company like K&N charging so much (not me), but they don't realize most "other" intakes you'll end up finding on e-bay are of lesser quality materials more prone to heat soak, and they likely just toss a pipe on there and call it a day. i'll stick with K&N or AEM quality any day over the cheap stuff. in fact, the weapon-R stuff seems to me like an equal to APC in terms of quality and ACTUAL performance minded development.

#12 ·
Vita said:
ditto, people complain about a company like K&N charging so much (not me), but they don't realize most "other" intakes you'll end up finding on e-bay are of lesser quality materials more prone to heat soak, and they likely just toss a pipe on there and call it a day. i'll stick with K&N or AEM quality any day over the cheap stuff. in fact, the weapon-R stuff seems to me like an equal to APC in terms of quality and ACTUAL performance minded development.
Thats exactly why Im spending a little more money and waiting a little longer for the K&N. Hopfully I'll get it in a couple of days. I ordered it last thursday and the company said 3-5 days some hopfully I'll get it soon. :)

#13 ·
Sp00ner said:

Agreed, they needed a base line with all the eractic Dynos I have seen there is no way to just claim.

#14 ·
gm3saturn said:
Thats exactly why Im spending a little more money and waiting a little longer for the K&N. Hopfully I'll get it in a couple of days. I ordered it last thursday and the company said 3-5 days some hopfully I'll get it soon. :)
did they have it in stock?

#15 ·
Vita said:
did they have it in stock?
I was talking to the sales guy on the phone and he said it would arrive in 3-5 days so I assuming so. After the shit I went through with Advanced Auto Parts I should have specificly asked. If I dont get it by tomarrow then I'll have to call on it.

#16 ·
I am going to make a short ram intake today....i do have a baseline dyno look at my thread about my CAI it made 8hp.....the short ram i will prob sell for $175 shipping included.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.