Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a question for everyone who has barry's mod done. I have the mod done on my car and i had to cut the maf wires when i did this. i want to take my car to saturn and get a couple things looked at and i was wondering if anyone has taken there car to the dealership with this mod done and what have they said to you, i plan on cover up the wires with some of that wire cover stuff but i was wondering if they would say anything about the mod.

the dealership i am taking my car to is not the one i got it from also so i dont know if they are gonna be stupid about it but i have the warranty and all the paperwork for it so i hope they will not give me a problem

what do u guys think

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
they tried to tell me they were not going to service my car because of the modification. I threw a code after I had it done but it was becasue the maf was off a tad. They lied and said there was a tear in the intake hose gave me a free one which is in my trunk and the service tech fixed and secured the Ghetto Mod at the dealer. I love that. But if I didnt complain and if Nick wasnt working there they would not have fixed my car.

·
Registered
307 Posts
As long as one doesn't have anything to to with the other, there should be no problem. As I've stated before, I've done 5 of these mods and with 1 exception ( Goofyguy ) we have had no problems or codes. After I fully secured the filter on ( remember my ammendment ) and double checked the position of the sensor in the tube.....there could be no problem. You need to have a good relationship with the service tech's. Show them that you are really interested in the care and maintenance of your car and that you value theire opinion's. A lot of the tech's wil do side job's for you ie. spring's install, exhaust work etc. Offer them a tip for the work they have done, $5., here $10.00 there..you know. Trust me you will be better off in the end especially if it comes down to a questionable warranty repair, they have a lot of leeway. The tube that Goofyguy was given was the only one in the southeast inventory, was the one I had Nick order just in case one of my mods went bad. When Nick called me and told me what the problem was on Goofyguy's car, I told him that I would pay for it If the tube was ruined....it wasn't , so the tech adjusted the position of the sensor and that was the end of it. Just my $.02 worth Barry

·
Banned
572 Posts
eh really depends what the prob is i went in thier with my custom one and all they told me is if thats not the direct prob it will be aight

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i think on of the probs i am having is that cam shaft thing because my car sometimes take longer than 3 sec to crank like 5 sometimes

and my bumper is scratched from the trunk

than the rich thing from the dyno results

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
navymitch12 said:
well i think on of the probs i am having is that cam shaft thing because my car sometimes take longer than 3 sec to crank like 5 sometimes

and my bumper is scratched from the trunk

than the rich thing from the dyno results

tell them to update the ECU, it's available now

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will that fix the crank prob or just the richness

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
only problem was that my sensor moved at mark a tad. That made the car run odd and threw a code. the mod works great just the sensor needed a little more to hold it in place. Not in any way Barrys fault I must have hit a bump or something. A 1 degree angle change will change the maf reading

·
Registered
307 Posts
I had the camshaft sensor fix done 1 month ago and no more extended cranking problems......well not with the car anyway's. :rolleyes:
My son's all have the same problem ( with the car's ) but they have not taken the time to schedual the repair.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not everyone in the Navy ships off i am a shore sailor all the work i do can be done from land, nice and cosy GA to be exact

i think that i will go to the dealership tomorrow to get my ECU flashed and set up something for the camshaft thing

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Hey barry tell me when you schedule all the Boys to go in. Id like to know how long they take to do it and how much a hassle they give you for it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
goofyguy said:
Hey barry tell me when you schedule all the Boys to go in. Id like to know how long they take to do it and how much a hassle they give you for it.
Mine only took an hour or so and there really isn't any hassle. Just tell Lorie or mike you want Pat to do it.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I just did the barry intake mod, when i pop it into second gear i start to hear a ppppppsssssssssss sound very similar to that of a turbo is that the supercharger or is something wrong?

·
Registered
307 Posts
BoKaThUg1 said:
I just did the barry intake mod, when i pop it into second gear i start to hear a ppppppsssssssssss sound very similar to that of a turbo is that the supercharger or is something wrong?
That's the sweet, sweet sound of your supercharger. Did you follow all the instruction's as well as the ammendment?

·
Registered
351 Posts
modster

Barry said:
That's the sweet, sweet sound of your supercharger. Did you follow all the instruction's as well as the ammendment?
Barry Modster Hey please give me a detailed instruction on doing you mod. I will post it on my website.
Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
BoKaThUg1 said:
Not to worry, that's just those Mama Leoni's refried beans you had for lunch!!
:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts