Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is sitting in pieces in the driveway because I cant get the bottom part of the box out. I got the 2 bolts off the tranny, but is there another one? And where is it?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And for the people with the ghetto APC filter, how did you get it to stay on?

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
its inside the air box bolted to the block.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i think there are 3, one is closer to the headlight if i'm not mistaken, be prepared to take off the radiator hose, mix your coolant properly, also, there are some bolts to the ABS module (2) that need to have the nuts removed, as well as disconnecting the battery before you loosen up the ECU, it seems that the airbox is the first thing they put in, just take your time and make sure not to forget or lose anything

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
and make sure that you put the piece with the maf sensor back on the RIGHT way.

<-----moron that put it on backwards and couldnt start his car for 24 hrs or so till he decided to take it all back apart and then figured it out.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
how'd it go?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Couldn't get the filter to stay on, and I didnt trust the stock paper one, so I ordered a K&N. Hopefully I will do this next week.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
ha put the sendor in backwards and couldnt figure out why it wouldnt start. . . that sounds so familiar. I will make sure not to do that myself next monday.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It only took us about 30min to do. Probably because instead of messing with everything to get the box out we just cut the box apart with an air saw.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
thats exactly what i did, but it still took me forever, cuz i didnt wanna screw anything up.

after i was done with the airsaw, i think i used up 2 cans of compressed air trying to get the small pieces of plastic off of everything so it wouldnt melt on to the tranny and stuff, it was disgusting, lol.

oh and i hope u made sure to clean out the throttle body and stuff before u hooked it back up, cuz i know i had pieces of plastic in there too..

im glad im not the only one that cut up my box, lol

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cleaned out all the plastic with an air hose, and stuffed a rag in the TB so no plastic would get in there.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
HAHA! I remember doing a open airbox mod to my s13 240sx and placing the MAF 90 degrees in the wrong direction and my car wouldnt start. took me like 2 seconds to figure it out but i remember it beiing funny.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Took my stock airbox out today. I started on it late last night and then finished this afternoon. What a fucking nightmare. I would have given anything for an airsaw or zizz wheel. I ended up take a pair of pliers and breaking the box apart a piece at a time. Had to get medievil on the mother fucker but I finally got it out of there. I didn't want to disassemble the entire front end LOL!!!

I did notice a nice increase in pep and the S/C whine is awesome!!! :D

I figured I was gonna have to get that damn airbox out anyway when I get a proper CAI or short ram.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
ahh must see Barrys solution you must.

Barry just hooked up all of the redlines in the area. All his boys and Becuase of the great guy he is he did mine as well. I cant belive the sound differnce and the mod he does takes 15 minutes a car.

Once again Barry = The Man
His Airbox Mod = To easy to be legal

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
goofyguy said:
ahh must see Barrys solution you must.

Barry just hooked up all of the redlines in the area. All his boys and Becuase of the great guy he is he did mine as well. I cant belive the sound differnce and the mod he does takes 15 minutes a car.

Once again Barry = The Man
His Airbox Mod = To easy to be legal

15 minutes?!?!?!?

How the hell does he pull that one off???

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
like i said he is the man. when he is ready to share Im sure you will see why water is no concern at all unless you hit a lake. The car sounds great. And the mod is pretty quick and painless. And Once again thanks Barry for the setup.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
goofyguy said:
like i said he is the man. when he is ready to share Im sure you will see why water is no concern at all unless you hit a lake. The car sounds great. And the mod is pretty quick and painless. And Once again thanks Barry for the setup.

Did he fabricate some sort of shield? I was thinking of doing that and have it bolt to where the airbox was attached. Please do tell.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
its only fair that either redlinekid 04 or Barry fill you in.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts