Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the alcky kit is up and running(Kinda) haha just thought i would post this to stir chat. I got the controller and the wireing harness all installed and ready to go, the pump is no longer in the car but is going back in this week after i figure out the best way to drill a hole in my new intake, and mount the "spray thing" (any thoughts?) well after about 4 tries with the map,maf, and throttle pos sensor, i gave up and got an additional map from dvldoc, and wire that up, tapped it into the boost gauge line. (pics when finished with the install) the controller works and it is sending power to the "pump" at the correct times and boost levels now i just need to hook up the pump again.

well guys what u think group buy after i get you some results? who is intrested.

The install is not that bad weekend task, maybe like one day thing if u know what u are doing and with all the parts you need(im going on 3 weeks now, waiting for parts and just fitting the install in, GREAT SERVICE so far tho) he has called me several times making sure i got the map sensor, actaully sent me 2 because the postoffice was late on one.) two nozzles to tune the system. it is a great product and a great company. o and he is in the navy so help him out guys.

P.S. - working on getting a Gtech meter for some test runs b4 and after. and perhaps a dyno and some track runs after just for fun.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
dont run water unless its distilled or ran through a good water conditioner. Not crap like a culligan system.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
goofy is correct, that is why windshild washer fluid is the best to use because its distilled water and methanol and u already have a tank for it :)

goofy u getting a kit, if i give it a good review

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
we will see. most likely but Im going to cheat a little on the install. Im going to put the tank in the fender where the stock air box would go on the ion model non Redline and the pump/relay setup in the big vacant area.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
how big is the pump and relay setup?

how much would this kit cost?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't go buying a GTECH Mitch, I got a new one I never use if you need to play with it for a few weeks. I can send it out tomorrow. I'm a vendor on your SRT-4 sister board but if interest sparks up here I'll jump on. It's $300 so it's not cheap by any means. Unfortuatly the saturn needs a second GM style 2 bar Map sensor which I can get all the live long day for dirt cheap. You car's are really, really weird how they are set up. Non of your 5v source read like a normal car. You map sensor is 3.2 to 3.1 volts at idle, that makes no sense at all. That equals 3psi on any other car with a 2bar map sensor. :confused:

But we figured it out so it's all good.

To mount the nozzle use a 11/32 drill bit and a 1/8" NPT tap to make the threads. it will fit perfect after that. ;)

If I can talk old Mitch into it I'm going to try to make him the first redline in the 13's on the motor the 3.25 pulley and this kit should be all he needs.

Oh yeah Mitch you can start using 87 octane in your car now because you'll still be over 100+ octane when your spraying :D

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im not gonna buy one, borrow from a army friend i got down here. i would never buy untill i tested one of those, and this pully thing, HUMMM let me check out my money and i will let u know.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
o and hell "talk mitch into a smaller Pully" that will not be an issue its talking mitch's wallet into the pully. haha and if i am using the smaller pully and 87 oct i will become dependant on the alcky and that is kind of a pain in the ass. well not really but i dont know if i want to go there yet, we will see i will let u know by the end of the week dvldoc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
navymitch12 said:
o and hell "talk mitch into a smaller Pully" that will not be an issue its talking mitch's wallet into the pully. haha and if i am using the smaller pully and 87 oct i will become dependant on the alcky and that is kind of a pain in the ass. well not really but i dont know if i want to go there yet, we will see i will let u know by the end of the week dvldoc.
With the smaller pulley I would stay with 93 or 91 whatever you had there but with your stocker 87 all the way.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well the weather clearly does not want my to finish this, it is raining here and raining hard, this sucks. and i think i am getting sick, wait i am sick i think it is getting worse.

well maybe tomorrow will be a good day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts