Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as most of you know by now i own a shop here in fl. i am going to be trying to stock as many parts for the redline guys as i can, as soon as i build up enough stock, should be soon, i will post all my info on here so all of you can take advantage of that. i will soon support the forum as well. i enjoy everyone here. anyhow back to topic. i want to stock a intake system and wonder which one you all think it should be or maybe should i stock 2 different ones. i dont know if i want to stock all of them because there may not be that large of a calling for them yet. and again i am still trying to build up my stocking inventory so as to help everyone out ; yes the other car brands as well; so which do you all think we should go with??
k&n, aem, weapon r, injen, obx (should be available soon)??? hopefully this will help in our decision. thanks to everyone in advance

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i may have to buy one of each and dyno them but then still which would all of you buy thats i guess what im looking for here thanks

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
hey, my pm do you was how much does the aem short ram coming from you cost?

pm me the info if u get the chance, im lookin into buying one. thanks alot

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
zfactor said:
i may have to buy one of each and dyno them but then still which would all of you buy thats i guess what im looking for here thanks
It's a matter of what they'll buy, not so much any gain. It's a tube and a filter. The logo is the difference. You won't see a meaningful difference on the dyno between brands, unless it's grabbing air from the exhaust, and I don't mean from near the firewall, I mean it's IN the exhaust header.

Cold air and short ram will yield similar results, plus you guys are boosted and intercooled, so the air gets heated and cooled anyway.

This info I am getting from a tuner book, not so much personal experience. The author of the book doesn't trust a butt dyno, and proves everything on a mustang dyno. His conclusion was that all of the intakes worked. It's a very simple part.

Hell, the one in my car doesn't even have a name.

I honestly don't think there will be much difference against stock on the Redline either, since the supercharger is cramming the air anyway. It's going to get forced one way or another.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
il pmyou when i get back to my shop tomm i forget the exact price right now sorry ill pm you tomm thanks.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no problem

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
according to aem thry will not be producing a cold air intake they say there is absolutley no gains from it just thought i would post this after talking to them today

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just bought the k&n also going to order the aem and weapon r tomm and settle this once and for all!!! we'll see whos the best here i have a full dynojet in house so it woln't be a big deal for us just the time involved. ill post in a new thread once we run a baseline and after each test for each intake and we will run at normal temps and give a slight break between like should be done so the temps are fair. my dyno room is temp controlled so ambient temps shouldn't be a problem either this should be a good test!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
I think it's a judgement/preference call and the hp differences are minimal, if any. I installed the AEM, I like it, a feel a slight difference over the homemade short ram, and much cleaner sound and throttle response.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I doubt you'll see much difference from just adding a CAI. The real way to find the best gains from each, would be to open up the exhaust side by removing cats and putting a larger diameter pipe on the car. Then try and test which one gives you the best gains.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
cool, get the others on order, and i'll see what i can do to get it to you asap, should be by the weekend though, depending on how fast they get it there.

you should also comment on install of each, and fitment, etc.

(yes i know, the short ram is going to be the hardest install...)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Short ram is the hardest install? How so? My airbox was already removed, and it took me exactly 7 minutes to install the AEM. I certainly didn't have to remove a wheel or a fender liner, or crawl under the car, for that matter.

If the airbox was left in place, as AEM shows in their instructions, the time would have been the same.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
zfactor said:
just bought the k&n also going to order the aem and weapon r tomm and settle this once and for all!!! we'll see whos the best here i have a full dynojet in house so it woln't be a big deal for us just the time involved. ill post in a new thread once we run a baseline and after each test for each intake and we will run at normal temps and give a slight break between like should be done so the temps are fair. my dyno room is temp controlled so ambient temps shouldn't be a problem either this should be a good test!!

That will be interesting. Can't wait for results.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
Short ram is the hardest install? How so? My airbox was already removed, and it took me exactly 7 minutes to install the AEM. I certainly didn't have to remove a wheel or a fender liner, or crawl under the car, for that matter.

If the airbox was left in place, as AEM shows in their instructions, the time would have been the same.
it was sarcasm at it's finest...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts