Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone who installed an aftermarket amp thought of splicing into the wiring of the factory amp in the trunk? Not the power wire of course, but at least the remote. I am wondering if I could also splice into the speaker wires for the front speakers and run those directly into my amp for my highs. If I splice both the speaker wires and the remote while running a seperate power and ground, would I still have to run the RCA jacks out of the amp?

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to make sure I'm right on this, I could run my RCA convertor from the wiring harness for the front speakers before the factory amp and divert those into the aftermarket amp, right? Then I would have to run output wiring to the front door speakers. Anyone have another idea or a way to run this better?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Tricky

I would just run 10 or 8 gauge wires to the speakers. Depends on the power your pushing. The ones that are in the car well there ok but they are not going to handle alot of power and will cause poor sound at higher power. So if your plan on put 500 watts up there your going to have some hot and maybe melted wires shortly. You can do it that way your talking about but I would not recommend it.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The power wattage will be very low. They are componet mids and highs so I am only going to be pushing a 4 channel 200 watt amp. Not much power to each speaker. You don't think the wiring will handle it? I know they won't overheat, but with that little power they should carry the signal fine. Do you disagree?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts