Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who says his friends car is faster than most cars on the street in Houston. Then I hear Lexus thinking the newer types that's compares to most exotics. He didn't know what type it at first until he called his friend.

Then I hear 2005 Lexus. That cancels exotics. I ask him what it is. He says it's an IS300. I said the vehicle is a 15s car and it can't be fast and beaten even by a Redline which is a 14s car. He said it's faster than a RL. This is what caught my mind thinking it's turboed that's an 11s car like the one on my clips. He mentions about him installing N20. Then I ask why's he adding n2o it's already fast? Then I am told it's near stock later on.

Ok near stock an IS300 can't beat a RL. He's coming over to show it next week. I don't have a RL yet so I can't prove nothing. But his coming to Houston, I bet he'll be beat several times before reaching here. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
IS300 are slow...well not slow but not that fast mid 15sec car for the average driver.

·
Registered
617 Posts
let me just say this...

I saw a Crysler Crossfire (automatic) race an IS300 (manual). The Crysler won.

Later on that night, I raced the Crysler and won.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
IS300s are NICE, don't get me wrong, I am a fan of the whole sport-sedan thing, but are underpowered and not really that quick. They compete in their class, I suppose (CTS, Infinity G35 Sedan, Jag X-type, etc.), but against stronger, performance oriented cars they fall short. Just show your buddy up and let him lick his wounds when he realizes his $32,000 Lex just lost to a Saturn.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
yea i beat the fastest one with a manual tranny, he had a aftermarket exhaust, and intake beat him by a car in begining by 3rd i was 2 cars ahead ;)

i was stock at that time i prob have 3 cars on him now ;)

I too love the is300 it is very good looking car just needs to follow its father figure the supra and turbocharge it! they have same engine :D

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
cvenom2122 said:
yea i beat the fastest one with a manual tranny, he had a aftermarket exhaust, and intake beat him by a car in begining by 3rd i was 2 cars ahead ;)

i was stock at that time i prob have 3 cars on him now ;)

I too love the is300 it is very good looking car just needs to follow its father figure the supra and turbocharge it! they have same engine :D
This is VERY true, the engine in the IS300 is definitely the 2JZ-GE motor. Fucken strong-ass motor, but the question is, is there enough room in that tiny Lex's engine bay? If you've seen the engine compartment of a Celi GTS, you'll know Toyota's affinity and taste for absolutely STUFFING engines in there.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Stock non turbo is300's are S-L-O-W! I raced one with two other ppl in the car and it barely out ran my sc2. All i had was a short ram, bored t/b, and nology wires. When that guy coms to h-town, let me know, and I'll race him in my Red Line. We can even make a little video of it. :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The IS300 Turboed did the quarter in low 11 seconds car. I'm trying to get part 3 where it shows the car raced an $80,000 E55 AMG.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yeah but that turboed IS300 is nowhere "near stock".

A near stock is300 has about one thing on a redline - the launch. That's it. RWD traction. After that if you don't screw something up you should absolutely own him.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Turboed Chevy Silverado with a 6.0L. 1 out of 4 clips and it's from automotive forums. It does 10.9 in a 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Gee I miss my truck now. :( The feeling I'd get from dusting a little ricer or a lower end sports car is similar to the feeling you get from dusting em in a Saturn if not a little more so. I especially liked the way the truck just walked those Mustangs. I don't however miss the $45 fill-ups nor the 13 MPG. But there's something about a 2 ton beast making a sports car look like a Geo Metro that just brings a smile to my face :D

Oops I guess I'd better contribute something to the actual thread. I've never been partial to the IS300 its like a factory riced out honda to me with Lexus badges. Stock for stock a Redline shouldn't have too much trouble with one.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I still can't get houston race part 3 set-up because of some error. It's best houston race clip I have too.

·
Registered
679 Posts
parish is his name, go to 1320racing.com its people from new mexico or some shit like that. 900hp and 1017ftlbs trq 408 big block w/huge turbo set up on the juice.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Get the **** out troll a stock rl will smash any stock is 300 and other than that you have never been in a Redline because if you had you would see its no so much of a beater, yeah the is nicer inside in all but is the price really worth it?

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Took care of the issue you guys reported in here. Thanks for letting me know.

Ben

1 - 20 of 27 Posts